M*CARBO Brotherhood

Your Next Sale Purchase or Upgrade

On the next M-Carbo Sale, what will you buy or have your eye on for your next upgrade? I am going to buy the loaded Trigger Bundle pack for the S2K. Hoping that the Trigger Bushing Pin is ready and part of the package. But if not, I will start polishing the SS Feed Ramp and as soon as the new pin comes out, then start installing the new trigger. That is my plan, what is your next purchase?

6 Likes

I’ll get the bush pin down the way. It’ll be due for a strip cleaning soon but I don’t want to keep this a regular thing of them releasing stuff so periodically. Rather wait and get as much as I can when it’s out on sale over bits n pieces.

5 Likes

Me too. Mine is pretty new, but by the time that bush pin comes out, all of the new internal stuff can be installed after a good cleaning and at one time. No need to go back in just to put that bush pin in there.

3 Likes

two of the bushing pins, two of the butt pads,
two of the scope mounts,
and then the complete kit for the G2 ive already put in the G1 except for the rail from redlion. G2 doesn’t need that because of the scope mount. plus the 2 is getting the works on the bolt and the comp for the barrel.

6 Likes

Do you have 9 mm’s or a 9 and 40 cal? My buttpad helped a ton but had to modify mine as the front sight side pieces were hitting the pad and the gun would not close. I had to cut 3/4” off the top of the buttpad so the gun would fold up. Still works good even with the modification. Ordered the trigger bundle about 10 minutes ago. Just need a bushing pin and the install begins. Almost 20% off is a great deal. Cool of M-Carbo to have a good sale discount! That trigger bundle is already a good deal.

3 Likes

I’m looking at sights for my new CZ PCR. I haven’t made my mind up what I’m going to use yet.

3 Likes

@Timbo

I haven’t got my Shadow in hand yet. Looks to have fiber optic front sight. I’ve got Truglo TFX Pro’s in my Amazon wish list while I wait.

3 Likes

the CZ 75 D PCS came with “glow in the dark” sights which basically suck. They are a pale green color when in sunlight and hard to see (little contrast). I was thinking about painting the dots with white or high viz orange/green paint in the interim.

3 Likes

white i loose in the bright sun, i go with orange or international yellow (same color as road paint)

3 Likes

Great idea on the international yellow. I may give that a try if I decide to repaint the dots.

3 Likes

I got a can from the hardware store they use to mark roads. lf there is any light it reflects. spray a lil in a plastic cup and dot the dots with the end of a toothpic(blunt)
had to do it to the FN 5/7 . at the range when the sun was going down, past 1600
since i was shooting into it ( they laid the range out east to west) I would loose the dots. Neon Green was a lil better, red was ok but not my favorite, (waitin on yellow sigh tpost now for the Marauder from Blitzkrig) the yellow reall stands out for my eyes anyway.

4 Likes

So that international yellow paint you are using is reflective paint then?

3 Likes

Yep same paint highway dept uses, well spray version of it…

3 Likes

I am looking at a Hi -Point carbine. 40 or 10mm. Looked at soooooo many u-tube video’s on almost every rifle and pistol carbine. Plus a lot of after market companies to support Hi-point carbine. looks like a lot of people are getting into Hi-point rifles .Yes I know it is called the ugly duckling or Planet of the apes rifle .But hell this is a nice budget rifle.

5 Likes

I am ‘thinking’ that it is time to build that .556 pistol that a brother has encouraged me to make by donating an 80% build kit. I just have to acquire that 7" Maurader set-up. I don’t think that I will have the will power to have a finished lower sit around long? :thinking::+1:

4 Likes

I’m getting a .22 for my kid but been looking at the RDB personally. I want a rifle, I think the time is coming. This is even if I get the Hellcat upon selling my XDs 9

2 Likes

I now own 2 Hi Point carbines a 9 mm and a 10 mm which I just bought about 3 months ago. I bought the trigger spring upgrade for the 9 mm so, before I even fired the 10 mm, I ordered the upgrade for it. A 50% to 75% increase in accuracy. When I got my first 9 mm, it felt like someone opened up the trigger group and poured a handful of sand into it. From 50 yards I could barely hit the backstop let alone the target and was beginning to think the Hi Point haters were right. As soon as I installed the new spring I could hit a circle the size of a half dollar at 50 yards consistently. I’ll admit the gun isn’t the prettiest piece of equipment I’ve ever had, but it get’s the job done EVERY TIME. What else can you ask for from a rifle that costs south of $350.00? I can drive a stake with the butt of my 10 mm and then hit my target. How many gun vault queens can say that? Killingjoke, don’t let the gun snobs (that have never even owned a Hi Point) talk you out of a good, inexpensive, nearly indestructible gun. They are just trying to justify spending $1500.00 on a rifle that is more delicate, no more accurate, and dependable than the one you bought for a little South of $350.00. It’s the mine’s bigger than yours thing. Trust me, you won’t regret having bought a Hi Point carbine, (don’t think the same can be said for their pistols but just my opinion). Do a 20.00 upgrade from these guys and you’ll be amazed at how accurate and tough they can be. I wouldn’t trade mine for any other carbine no matter what they paid for it. By the way, you can shoot 40 cal out of the 10 mm just the same as you can shoot 38’s out of a .357, just don’t expect the same performance. I use the 40’s for practice because they’re cheaper. I’ve probably put 400 rounds of 40 cal through my 10 mm with never so much as a hiccup. The only thing is, when you switch back to 10 mm, Be sure to clean it thoroughly the same as you would a .357 after you’ve been shooting 38’s for awhile. This is a purchase you won’t regret.

7 Likes

I agree with your opinion. I had AR-15 that just stayed in my gun locker which I sold. Built a complete lower, sold that to. My next purchase will be a Hi -point carbine either 40 or 45 cal… I really enjoy shooting my Sub-2000 and looking forward to my Hi-point purchase.

1 Like

Hey Brother,

Both sound like solid choices to me. One note, if you decide on the 40 cal. you might want to consider a 10mm as well as it will chamber both 10 mm and 40 cal just the same as a .357 will chamber and fire a 38 spl. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting
making a habit of it but there are times when you can’t find 10 mm around here anyway and It gives you some choices. I’ve probably fired 3 or 4 hundred 40’s through my 10 mm without a hiccup and, for target shooting and plinking small varmints, they work just
fine and they don’t hurt so bad at the cash register. I’ve never had the .45 but if it’s anything the rest of the Hi Point line, it’s just as tough and dependable as the rest. Do a little research. There will be people that will say that you can’t fire a 40
cal. out of a 10 mm but the vast majority have never even seen a Hi Point, let alone shot one. It’s not going to “explode and kill you” as some will say, mine has had around 400 chances to kill me so I would have to ring the Bullshit bell on that one. If it
was going to blow, I would think it would be with the 10 mm as it’s loaded to a much higher pressure.The only real difference is the 40 has more headspace just like the 38 spl. in a .357. The only thing I found was that the 40 in a 10 mm is slightly less accurate
and when you decide to shoot 10’s out of it again I would suggest a thorough cleaning first as, again just like the .357, that headspace tends to develop carbon deposits.

I’ve never shot a sub 2000 but I damn near bought one when I bought my 10 mm Hi Point. I think it will be my next purchase as it looks as though it might be a little lighter and I ain’t getting any younger. Thanks for the correspondence. Oh, one more
thing, DON’T use the 15 round mags in it, first, it voids the warranty and second, it will jam between 9 a 12 about every time. If you want extra capacity, get a Red Ball 20 rd. mag. They never jam and don’t void the warranty. Have a good daay my friend.

Bill Lockridge

5 Likes

Thank you Bill, IF you decide to get Sub 2000, Get the Glock model with G17/22 model. I have used the Glock 31 rd. mag and purchased another P mag 17rd.I enjoy shooting the sub more than my pistols. Plus the cost of ammo 9 vs 223/556 is cheaper. I am also up in age a young 62. It has been a pleasure going back and forth with you my Brother.

1 Like