Your Newest Firearm

I was expecting more of a $hitstorm over that one, the silence is foreboding… :grinning:

9 Likes

It’s more about the reputation, integrity, and OPINION of the source. Like when MSNBC or CNN talk about January 6th, climate change, systemic racism, etc. Who really cares about their opinion when we know the facts?

Also, y’all are the ones that convinced me to buy a 1911. And now that I use my Glocks for competition and have my 1911 strapped on my hip for daily carry… you lost a source of humor and ridicule. You screwed up in reverse. You’ll just need to find a different Glock Fanboy to direct your opinion at. May I suggest @Jperr? :wink:

14 Likes

I’ve never claimed any level of credibility or integrity, for the record, your Honor… :grin:

I’m not actually a Glock hater, though I do not shoot them particularly well historically (though had some luck with a 17 and a 48) and do not find them aesthetically pleasing, either.

Is that a challenge? Smells like a challenge… :rofl:

9 Likes

I gotta comment that … you’re do’n it wrong (differently at a minimum). Skills you are building with your Glocks really don’t transfer well to the 1911 platform. And, you have approached IDPA in a proper skill building manner.

I suggest you should favor carrying what you shoot best. You open carry and your acquaintances know this - if a gun is needed in your general vicinity, your acquaintances are going to scream for your assistance.

Ugly or not … a Glock is more likely to serve you better if you ever find yourself in need. You can’t have that thumb safety top of mind shooting Glocks, but it has gotta be 100% automatic muscle memory if you have one on your hip in a true crisis.

Truth … I gotta have a thumb safety on my pistols 'cause I hang for two beats when trying to shoot from draw without one 'cause my grip feels wrong without a safety under my thumb. I won’t shoot pistols with the safety reciprocating on the slide because after first shot drawing blood the darn’d things don’t reliably return to battery.

IMO … stick to BBQs and the range with your 1911 if you actually drill with your Glocks.

You do you, but you are attempting a switch I can’t manage effectively.

10 Likes

For every live round I fire I probably dry fire 100 rounds. I practice holster drills (dry and laser) almost daily with several different firearms… three different Glocks and the 1911. I holster practice with all my carry firearms (AIWB and OWB) with live rounds every two weeks at my club, usually 200 - 300 rounds per training session with a professionally paid instructor. I have the upmost confidence in my proficiency.

As you stated, it’s just me doing me. It’s not for everyone.

9 Likes

I am going to wade into these deep waters. Not in defense of the Blue Eyed Stranger, he is more than capable of defending himself. Here is my take….
I grew up with a 1911. Carried one in Desert Storm for 8-1/2 months. Mine have 8rd mags and an extended slide release. I shoot it cup and saucer. Right hand left eye dominant. I am much faster moving right under fire than left. I had a G17 prior to going to the desert. I could still make more accurate first shots with the 1911. I learned point shooting from a Mossad agent with the 1911. Had the misfortune to actively fire it after being knocked flat on my rucksack. I can make a double action 9 sound like an automatic weapon, but nothing is a better extension of my pugilist intentions than the 1911. The safety comes off once the pistol is in a “safe” direction. Then my thumb rides down to just over the magazine release. Point my finger, then squeeze the trigger. Lights out.

8 Likes

@TexasEskimo
Don’t get me involved in this. Although I hate (and always will) 1911’s with every fiber of my being, ever since I shot the Walther and my wife’s Canik, I’m off that Glock bandwagon. I still carry the G27, but am now enlightened to know there are better things out there.

8 Likes

You may want to remove “Glock fanboy” from your profile then. lol.

7 Likes

Yea, yea, yea. Haven’t gotten around to it.

7 Likes

@TexasEskimo

Done. Got rid of “love the sub” also. For obvious reasons.

5 Likes

Maybe we could get the Master Funk to do a video tutorial on how pistols are like friends. Some are different, but no matter what, more the merrier. Also, I never feel to bad about using my pistols, and they won’t use me!

6 Likes

Zpap m70 final mod

12 Likes

Lr-308

final mod

14 Likes

Famous last words. :laughing:

12 Likes

Boss-25…
Order from Tooth and Nail arrived, 3.5 lb FCG, AR stock adapter, 20 round drum.
Hadn’t heard anything from LGS so called and said I was coming down to pick it up, fixed or not. Turns out gunsmith had looked at it, broken trigger was his assessment, and they had been trying unsuccessfully to get a replacement from manufacturer. I took my disassembled shotgun home, put the new FCG in, and re-assembled. Very nice trigger. I’ll wait to cut the stock off and cerakote until I finish up a couple other projects. Should be able to get to the range this weekend.
Boss 25 side note Benelli/ Beretta Mobile chokes fit. I thought they would but confirmed last night. Got a Carlson’s rifled choke tube for it.

5 Likes

Sounds like an awesome fix for a fun street sweeper. I really appreciate a reliable 12 with a large capacity. AND, you have a binary trigger, if you ever ‘need’ one.

4 Likes

Been saying im gonna get one since they were announced, a 4.6" 10mm M&P. One thing I don’t get is they make a 5" 9mm, but the 10mm guns top out at 4.6. Threw one of my Holosun 507c sights on it long term it’s getting a threaded barrel and comp.

13 Likes

Unpossible! How can you hate a 1911?

9 Likes

Quite simple. I’ve shot them.

2 Likes

horrified

6 Likes