M*CARBO Brotherhood

Your Newest Firearm

Kimber firearms are gorgeous… hope yours is reliable from the start.

4 Likes

@manicmecanic I agree it’s beautiful & yes it runs great.

4 Likes

@manicmecanic

My Wilson combat is nice also but the Black Ice is the nicest looking handgun I own.

16 Likes

Yonkers, NY, that’s why… They took the NYC mentality that the ideal carry guns should have as much trigger pull as possible when there is no grip “safety”.

3 Likes

I think most production is in Troy Alabama now.

2 Likes

discussed this with a friend of mine the other day. The Black Ice Micro 9 has a lighter slide, due to the cutouts. A lighter slide is going to go back faster with the recoil than a heavier slide. So, the spring compensates for the greater forces due to the recoil, and helps preserve the mechanism. It’s why you have to change recoil springs every 5,000 or so rounds. As for the trigger pull, I don’t believe so, since that trigger weight is mandated only in NY and MA. I don’t live anywhere near there. Kimber says 7 pounds, this one is an 8 pound and they say it’s still within factory specs of +/- 1 pound. Bought the MCARBO spring kit, will let you know when I’m finished and get a chance to check trigger weight.

4 Likes

But they are still using that for everyone else, just in case they get sued in their home state.

Bait and switch 7+/-1 for them is always 8. If they would say it’s 8 lbs, less people would buy them. Every review that I have read says that they are at 8lbs.

PS: I’m not a hater, I actually had one in my hand at LGS, trying to decide to buy it. I couldn’t.
Maybe my current 4.5 lbs pulls have ruined that for me.

3 Likes

I posted a picture of my new Henry 22 the other day, since then I traded into a older youth model. I replaced the sights with HiViz ones. The stock has better grain. I’m actually liking the youth model better, it’s lighter and shorter. I’m only 5’6 so the shorter length of pull isn’t a problem.

18 Likes

Picked up a new 45-70 BFR 10 inch.

Shoots lever level loads very nicely.

But Grizzly +p loads are a hand full.

17 Likes

@Millerluck What a beast!

8 Likes

Wow that’s a handful. More pics!

8 Likes

Maybe you should name it The Dragon :dragon_face:.

8 Likes

I loaded up some black powder loads. Be testing them soon.

14 Likes

we’ll see what it turns out to be after I get the safety spring that I lost last week taking the Micro 9 apart. I did test the trigger after changing out the firing pin and hammer springs, and it was a noticeable difference. I can only presume that changing the sear spring will lower it even more. Didn’t measure it, as I didn’t have the trigger pull gauge yet.

3 Likes

All three of my 1911s break clean @3.5#. stock.

4 Likes

the Micro 9 isn’t a true 1911, though. The physical characteristics are somewhat different, due to the differences in the ammunition…jmho. I’ll check my full-size 1911 and see what it’s running.

3 Likes

Yesterday, I purchased a Sig P320 X full size. Now to find an optic…

18 Likes

I just purchased a Deltapoint Pro for the Sig P320 because it is a direct fit to the slide. Pictures to come later.

6 Likes

My grip module came in today.

17 Likes