M*CARBO Brotherhood

You just can't make this stuff up

A certain dictator, in his infinite wisdom has signed a bill to outlaw gas powered generators. Let that sink in. I’ll bet you, gas gensets will start flying out of the stores like iced tea on a summer day. Included in this new law, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws and any/all gas powered landscape implements. By 2024. I won’t even bring up the “Gender Neutral” section requirement for stores…

15 Likes

That’s going to kill landscaping and tree cutting companies. They will now have to replace their perfectly fine equipment with electric. Stoopid

10 Likes

No, they won’t. It’s still overreaching BS, but what they actually banned was the manufacture of new equipment after 2024. Anything currently owned or purchased before then will still be fine to use. Not that it couldn’t happen, but they haven’t said anything about turning them in, as in gun confiscation or whatever.

8 Likes

Yes. In 20 years, it will either look like Cuba … or … Atlantis. The electric equipment does not scale.

I was killing myself on my ditches. So I bought an 18v 18" Ryobi mower. First pass on ny ditches consumed 8 4AH batteries.

11 Likes

20 years is generous.

8 Likes

Well I can’t pass up the chance of adding to that kind of wisdom.
I propose converting all oil tanker ships to electric as well, thus instantly offsetting the impact of the petro’s they are hauling.

Why it seem so obvious. LOL

10 Likes

And let’s add commercial/private aircraft too. “Good morning passengers, this is your Captain, we’re experiencing a low battery condition and will be landing in Reno for a quick re-charge, shouldn’t be delayed more than 6 hours.” (flight left Sacramento 15 minutes ago)

10 Likes

@Wedge I just read about that. The problem though is still cost when equipment needs to be replaced. If you own a landscaping business, odds are most of your mowers are riders. Electric riders are almost double the cost of gas riders. And I don’t think one could make the argument that long term cost would be less due to not needing to buy gas. They’ll have to have several batteries, which are not cheap

6 Likes

I get that. But, the smart ones will replace/update their fleet in 2023 and be good for a long time after that. So, at least they have plenty of warning.

4 Likes

Hahahaha…And that’s assuming there isn’t a charging unit shortage, due to shipping and distribution issues, or lack of employees to plug it in.

6 Likes

Solution: Get rid of all grass, hedges, and trees. Just burn the whole state down. Nevermind… california’s commandant is already working that. So what’s the issue?

9 Likes

Will buy stock in lithium battery suppliers.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s nature that’s the true root of all these environmental issues.

6 Likes

I’m fine with that. I hate yardwork anyway. I miss the very low maintenance xeriscape yard I had in AZ.

10 Likes

yeah, they’re just over rated co2 recyclers anyway

7 Likes

I was thinking that same thing. :+1:
Then I thought " and your laptop batteries catching on fire seemed bad".

8 Likes

Right. They’re all just a bunch of “sit arounds” clogging up the landscape.

6 Likes

Meanwhile in china:

9 Likes

India…

8 Likes

Russia…

8 Likes