YOU Have Covid. What did YOUR Doctor prescribe for you?

I thought this topic my be informative in today’s times.
Our personal Doctor firmly believes that most humans will eventuality get a COVID Variant of some type. Some may be easy. some may not be.

Please stay on the subject of:
“What your Doctor Prescribed or had you do because you were tested Positive”

I know it’s personal but if you feel like it share.

Recently testing positive Nancy and I used her Doctor. I did not go to the VA.
We are both at 75 with respiratory issues. We very seldom get sick. And not allergic to anything. This sickness really put us down for 4 to 5 days. I wouldn’t wish it on to many people.

The following is what was both prescribed and over the counter recommendations for both of us:

Prescribed 1 Z-Pak of six 250 mg tablets. You take two tablets on the first day, followed by one tablet daily on each of the remaining four days.
Also known as Azithromycin, a Z-pack is a medication used for treating serious and severe infections caused by bacteria. It contains macrolide antibiotic, which helps in stopping all forms of growth caused by bacteria. This medication cannot be used for treating viral infections like flu and the common cold.

Over the Counter TAKEN DAILY : 9 DAYS
1 tablet D3 5000icu
1 tablet Super B Complex
6 tablets 500mg C
1 tablet Zink 50mg
1 tablet Aspirin 81 mg small amount

As our health started improving on the 4th to 5th day it was suggested to use any of the following if needed:

Please share what your Doctor advised if you feel like it. It’s doesn’t matter if it’s completely different that what our Doctor did.
Only that it was a Doctor that actually did it.
It could be of some help to others just for the feedback of different opinions of Doctors treating this shi$

Larry

9 Likes

My wife, being in her 60s and asmatic, and me being diabetic were both prescribed Paxlovid. She already tested negative this morning. And the stuff makes you feel pretty good pretty quick. It leaves a shitty taste in your mouth tho. I’m running 3 days behind her so I’m hoping to be done soon myself. Never felt like anything worse than a cold for us personally, but everyone has their own situations.

6 Likes

For sure it’s effecting us all differently.

That’s great you are moving right along. :pray:
Larry

7 Likes

I’ll be fine. Of that I’m :100: % confident. I forgot to mention that Mad Max is totally happy with the situation. Because we were isolating in the bedroom, he gets to spend ALL day in bed with someone. His heaven. Lol

9 Likes

I had Covid in Dec. of 2020 and had no symptoms except for feeling sluggish and having a headache one weekend. The only reason I was tested was because my son was showing symptoms with a fever, so I was tested also. My son and daughter both got through it with no prescriptions; similar to a mild flu.

A year later, my wife was diagnosed with Covid. She did not take the shot due to health issues and the recommendation of her doctor not to take the shot. Her doctor prescribed Hydroxychloroquine and then switched to Ivermectin when Hydroxychloroquine was not effective. She was very sick, but was able to recover at home with no hospital visit.

Our doctor stated that out of about 100 elderly patients that contracted Covid, 98 of them survived using the same treatment. The two that passed away waited 2 weeks before contacting him. He said the treatment works as long as Covid is treated in the early stages.

9 Likes

I decided to continue all these daily since I had COVID in Aug 2021. I haven’t gotten sick since then!!!

3 Likes

[quote=“em44052, post:5, topic:18555”]
She was very sick, but was able to recover at home with no hospital visit.
[/quote]

Excellent, that she recovered and no hospital. I’m all in for staying home if at all possible.

7 Likes

My wife and I both contracted Covid from a trip in September. We were on a plane, stayed in two different hotels and ate out five days before returning home.

My wife is a nurse and we were on vacation the first part of the week. When we returned home she had 5 days left before returning to work as an OR nurse at a hospital.

I tested positive first and was prescribed Paxlovid. After 3 days I stopped due to stomach issues. My wife took it 2 days and stopped for the same stomach issues.

After 7 days, I was back to normal and my wife lost smell and taste for almost two weeks. She did return to work after waiting 7 days.

We both agreed the effects of the Paxlovid was the worst part of having Covid.

3 Likes

FWIW I have been on a regiment of supplements, including all the above and a few others, for as long as I can remember. I’ve never had the flu, never caught covid even though my wife had it twice and the last time I was sick was a case of bronchitis around 2006 IIRC. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

6 Likes

Yes, I have as well, Just not quite that big of a dose that the Doctor wanted.

That’s why I think we don’t get sick. At least for a long time we haven’t. We are going to adjust.lol

Larry

6 Likes

@LarrySr I hate to be the “Grammer Police”… but my OCD is begging for a verb…

:heart: You Larry!

2 Likes

I think you both did really well . Glad it didn’t destroy your trip completely.

With the exception of the stomach issues.

Another good example of some drugs work very well but very seldom for everyone.

I appreciate the feedback. I do think it’s beneficial for all of us irregardless if you have had the china flu or not. :wink:
Larry

3 Likes

I’m not at full speed yet. At least I spelled Doctor correctly. :wink:

3 Likes

Had it last summer. Started as a bad cold, but progressed to SEVERE joint pain that left me nearly unwilling to get up and walk. That lasted about 2.5 days and the cold/flu end lasted about a week.

Flooded my system with airborne dissolved into theraflu and high dosage vitamin c and zinc supplements.

5 Likes

My wife and I just got over it. Lasted 3 or 4 days with mild cold symptoms. Our daughter in law (doctor) said to take zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, and CoQ10. Also took a daily multi vitamin. Drink lots of fluids.

5 Likes

Our Doc sent in a Plaxovid script for us and it worked very well. BUT the wife and I also had the 2 main vaccines and 3 booster shots so that likely helped a lot as she is 84 (in excellent health) and I’m 79 and in excellent health, I hunt, ski and backpack.

3 Likes

That’s weird. I’ve heard about the issues with Plax, and was advised about all the stomach issues with Plax. It seems like I get stomach issues with everything, so I was expecting it. 2 days in and nothing. Besides the metallic taste it leaves. I don’t know…weird.

3 Likes

A glass of wine a day keeps covid away…:wine_glass::grin:

1 Like

The so-called covid was the flu!!! The covid test checked for influenza and head cold cold virus. Bat feces and wet markets were a back story to drive the so-called plandemic of the demoncrats. Ivermectin and hydroxychloriquine up front worked great along with zinc citrate 50 mgs daily, baby aspirin daily, astaxanthin 12 mgs daily, magnesium 500mg daily, vit c 1000mg bid, vit d3 5000 iu daily and hydration with clear liquids.

2 Likes

Mike
I appreciate feedback. This thread is specifically related to what a doctor prescribed for you . I’m not looking for opinions about remedies. It just makes the subject more confusing.

The thread is hopefully to give us all a opportunity to hear what different doctors are trying. As well as different signs and symptoms we all are experiencing.
If one chooses to share them.

Now, if your a doctor I stand corrected.
Larry

5 Likes