M*CARBO Brotherhood

You get what you pay for

So, I’ve learned a hard lesson. On July 3rd I ordered a OLIGHT PL PRO VALKYRIE from runoffal.club. I thought at $60 it was a great deal. Well my package arrived today. What was inside that package wasn’t even remotely close to what I ordered. It was 10 paper face mask. When I was thinking about ordering the website listed an address in Washington state and I didn’t find out until a week later that it was actually shipping from China. Lesson learned.

This is quite embarrassing, but maybe by posting this it’ll keep others from making the same mistake. DO NOT order from runoffal.club

14 Likes

@DocA Honest supplier mistake. Because in Chinese “Olight” and “paper face mask” have the exact same meaning.
Send them a request for refund. And add “fu€k you” at the end because in Chinese it has the same meaning as “thank you”.

14 Likes

I’ve sent them an email and also requested a return/refund from their webpage. From what I’ve seen there are a lot of people they’ve done this same thing to and those people have never had it resolved by the company. I just wish I had done a little research on them first.

8 Likes

It’s hard to tell what’s Chinese any more - they’re becoming fanatical about hiding “made in China” on web listings. If I don’t see “Made In America” I assume it’s Chinese and don’t buy it.

11 Likes

Even if you see this, often times the product contains components made in China (or elsewhere). More like “Assembled in America”. You can thank our politicians in DC and their greedy big business buddies for that… :unamused:

Truth is, we don’t make a whole lot in this country anymore…but we consume more than ever. And even if it’s made here, there’s still no guarantee of quality like there used to be…sad…

@DocA Very sorry to hear about your situation, hopefully you’ll get some satisfaction. :+1:

11 Likes

Really sad thing is I think Olights are made in China.
This situation is just a straight up scam. I hate seeing people ripped off like this, plain sucks. Bastards.

9 Likes

I’ll tell you when it comes to a flashlight or weapons lights I try to get them directly from their manufacturer I currently Rock and Olight mini Valkyrie on my carry weapon and I have the valkyrie mounted to a another piece and I do believe I have two more o lights in the mix somewhere I bounced between powertac’s and O lights for my lighting needs

4 Likes

Damn that really sucks big time. I hope you get it resolved. I’ve been in the same situation a few times. It happens.

I have a ton of olights, though I just use them as standard flashlights and they kick butt. As for weapon lights mostly surefires. Buy once cry once lol, but olight is impressive I do say.

5 Likes

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was an Rc plane. I filed a claim with my cc and they refunded the charge.

7 Likes

If I don’t hear something back from the company I made this “purchase” through in a couple days I’ll be filing a fraud claim with my bank. Ive already went to the FTC’s website and filed a fraud claim with them. At least that company will be on their records.

11 Likes

More specifically, and if you paid with a credit card, you should contact the card issuer, explain the facts and demand that they credit your account and issue a “chargeback” to the merchant. All major card companies do this routinely. Your money is refunded immediately, the merchant account is debited and the merchant must then prove the charge was entirely legitimate. Most do not even try.

This protection is why you should almost always pay for any such transaction with a credit card. And check your account statement as soon as it arrives for any errors. Your card agreement sets a fairly short time for reporting those errors to the issuer.

7 Likes

Buggers. Need to pressure our politicians to
move more jobs back to the US.
No. Not politicians but mfg.

4 Likes

:eye: had to help my 90 YO neighbor with some fraudulent credit card charges. These people look for older people to scam over the phone and have several scam lines they use…and they are good at it. We got the charges reversed immediately.

The bank did tell me the crooks have up to 60 days to contest…if memory serves me?..which they never do if they are a crook…:rage::face_with_monocle:
:eye: use a credit card as much as possible…love the points…:grin:

3 Likes

Can we ship the worthless politicians to China? Seems like an agreeable solution.

6 Likes

Use them for boat bumpers…:grin:

5 Likes

Or anchors…:sunglasses:
not that i would condone such behavior, but worth a try methinks.

6 Likes

Keelhaul them…:scream::face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Wouldn’t work - certain things float. :poop: :poop: :poop:

4 Likes

Obviously they didn’t use Chinese rope.

From what movie is that clip?