Would you add a compensator to your Hellcat or Hellcat Pro OSP?

I added a compensator to my Hellcat Pro OSP recently after purchasing the Apex Tactical threaded barrel. Looks AMAZING, but haven’t had time to take to range yet. I’d like to get some thoughts on whether or not you’d add one to your Hellcat or Hellcat Pro. I have pictures if anyone would care to see them.

4 Likes

Everything I’ve read on the subject tells me I really wish my P320XC had a threaded barrel so I could do it myself. Let us know your impressions.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I had my Hellcat Pro barrel and slide ported. It’s a pleasure to shoot.

4 Likes

I saw on youtube where a guy had a Hellcat Pro slide ported. I was trying to make sure that if something glitched with the gun that i’d still be able to send it in for warranty work.

1 Like

Sure thing

2 Likes

Out of curiosity: when you disassemble to clean do you remove the compensator? Or does the barrel slide out?

Just something I’m wondering. I’ll take a look at my Sig and see for myself if it’s going to make it tough to clean or not. I see online they do make threaded barrels for the 320XC but by the time I’m all in I’m at $400-ish for the barrel and the compensator. Not sure if it’s worth it when I just buy a Canik with threaded barrel for a couple hundred more and it already has an optic.

1 Like

I have a friend that says a simple bore snake should be good to clean the barrel. I have no plans to take off the compensator, but i didn’t use any loctite because it fits pretty snug. That being said should i decide to remove it i can. The compensator i actually bought from KTcraftsmn on ebay for under $40 because he gave a 15% discount on his compensator if you send pictures. This is his IG address:
https://www.instagram.com/craftskt/?hl=en
This is a review on compensators that actually included one of his compensators and it was good enough to make me buy mine:

1 Like

The purpose of my Hellcat was conceal carry. I don’t think it would be very concealable if I added a compensator. It would defeat my purpose. Had you not asked if I would add it, I would not reply to the post but I just cant pass it up!

I still think you’d be able to conceal carry. Just have to carry strong side and not appendix carry, but i do see where it could be difficult. Especially finding a holster for the Pro. I’ve reached out to G Code holsters and they said that they could do a mod on their Phenom holster to accommodate the compensator as well as an attached optic. Planning to get 507K x2 green dot.

1 Like

3 Likes

VERY NICE! What optic is that attached to the slide? I was told that the 507 & 407 K series were the best fit from Holosun for the OSP Hellcat models.

2 Likes

Good Q. It looks like a 507c and a 507k had a love child. My k doesn’t do solar charge and my C has a round top.

Built in rear site is a k model exclusive far as I know.

@ScottieS: looks like you got sumt’n so new Holosun doesn’t even offer it to us yet. We’re interested.

1 Like

That is the Holosun EPS Carry multi-reticle. It is a shrunken 509T that fits on a 507K footprint. CHPWS makes a plate kit specifically for these new red dots for the Hellcat OSP cut. They also include the proper length screws. It’s such a nice combo.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Just another useless gadget that does almost nothing but add weight and length to a pistol designed to be carried undercover. A 9 mm doesn’t kick enough to warrent another worthless piece of crap on a carry pistol.