M*CARBO Brotherhood

Will M*CARBO Produce A Heavier Recoil Spring For The Sub2K?

Do we know if there are any plans in the works to make a heavier recoil spring for the S2K? Seems like it might be another way to reduce recoil even further.

4 Likes

@aadavis94

That could cause a FTF situation. The SUB-2000 uses blowback of the ammunition for feeding and that is why there are specifications on the types of ammunition used. When you start ‘playing’ with certain parameters you affect firearm operation immensely. Though, I am sure that one will attempt to ‘tease’ other areas of the Sub2K to get more desirable results? FTF and FTE can be very ‘tricky’ components to a fine operating firearm. I guess it all depends on your expectations of a particular firearm. You wont be playing with ‘recoil’ if you were concerned about a ‘defense’ weapon? What is one willing to ‘give up’ in their quality?’ I have experimented with different firarms, myself and re-coil springs are just ‘tricky’ and I cannot tell you how many times that I have gone back to an ‘original’ spring!

5 Likes

We change recoil springs in pistols all the time to reduce recoil. MCARBO sells heavier recoil springs for multiple firearms. Just wondering if they have experimented with it and found it doesn’t help or what.

2 Likes

@aadavis94
Sorry, that I had not expanded in time for your additional comment. Please refer back to my original statement for further explanation.

1 Like

@aadavis94

It may make a better impact if you direct questions (@chrisn) for a better response? Just my friendly two cents… That is what I do when I wish to know more MCarbo ‘specifics’ to research and development. It is very important that THE BROTHERHOOD has continuity to our questions, that is how ‘we’ will receive our answers!!! :+1:

1 Like

@ChrisNelson so are there any plans to, or have you looked into producing a heavier recoil spring for the sub 2000?

2 Likes

If the felt recoil is too much for you after completing the MCARBO upgrades, then Kel-Tec offers a heavier bolt to further reduce the felt recoil.

2 Likes

If recoil still is an issue after installing a recoil buffer, a muzzle brake, a heavy charging handle, and a recoil pad, do order a heavy brass bolt from KEL-TEC. The heavy bolt weighs about 3 oz more than the standard and does reduce recoil. The standard spring is more than enough to handle the extra bolt weight. That way spring and bolt assembly are all factory.

1 Like

@ChrisNelson. You will never be able to make this weapon seem like a 22lr. I will attest to the heavier bolt. I does make a difference.

I have installed every mod as it came out .

Some made very noticeable differences and others small. The thing is each one contributes to the system as a whole .

Not sure if a heavier spring would create reliability issues or not.

2 Likes

@genuinejake

Welcome to the forum. The Kel-Tec Heavy Weight Bolt is 1.6 oz. heavier than the stock bolt and the MCARBO Recoiless Charging Handle is 2.2 oz. heavier than the stock charging handle.

3 Likes