Who shoots only one Pistol Caliber?

Was just wondering who shoots just one pistol caliber and why?

5 Likes

That would be kinda boring wouldn’t it? I know I have 10 different calibers I shoot from pistols.
.22, .25, .380, .9mm, .40, .45, .44 mag, .223, 30-30, and 45-70.

9 Likes

I know there is some minimalist types out there who trys have just a few firearms with limited calibers to keep track of. But i think thats mostly the new guys. Once the shooting bug bites everyone will have atleast 1 odd ball gun in there safe. My primary carry is allways 357 or 45 big bullets make me happy. But i shoot 45acp,410/45lc,357mag,38special, 38short,32acp,32long, 32short,25acp,22mag, and 22lr. Ive never held onto any 9mm pistols ive had. But ive been thinking of getting another in 9mm just to shoot targets with cheaper then most my stuff.

9 Likes

So far just .40 sw and .45 auto. Did some stocking up on .44 mag in anticipation of getting a big iron

8 Likes

.22, 45, 9mm, 5.7, +20 characters

8 Likes

I don’t think anyone shoots just one caliber around here.

I mainly shoot 9mm, but I also have .45lc, .22, .38/.357 mag, .410, and .380

9 Likes

I think some folks missed this part.

Me? 3 pistol calibers: .22l. 9mm & 32 ACP.

I lost all other calibers in the… the thing. You know? The thing.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Exactly! I lost them in a sinking ecomony under the biden administration. All gone.

10 Likes

.22, 9mm, .40SW, .45acp.
For a long long time I only shot 40.
Just got into .22 and .45 last 2 years

10 Likes

Back during the great ammo shortage I had a 9mm pistol. I saw the Sub2k and thought it was logical to have so I didn’t have to stock so many different calibers of ammo. A pistol caliber carbine…genius!

7 Likes

Every caliber thats been mentioned comes in a pistol form. Just like pistol caliber carbines theres just as many rifle/carbine caliber pistols. America thats why :joy: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Ive known one guy for at least the past decade + who swore he would and did only ever shoot 9mm.
Then this year fell in love with 10mm and added it to the roster.
Ive never considered only having one caliber, cause dad believed firmly (and taught wisely) that different tasks require different tools.

9 Likes

After reading through these I realized I forgot the Taurus Judge so make it 11 or should it be 12 since it shoots 2 different cartridges. Add the .45 LC/410

7 Likes

I have one pistol with three slides for three calibers. Does that count as a single pistol as the frame is what’s serialized?

7 Likes

I can’t stick to just one caliber lol. I have plans to get a wheel gun eventually in 357 mag. Currently my pistol calibers are 9mm, 10mm, and 7.65x21 (30 Luger)

9 Likes

Never just 1 caliber, that would be very boring at the range. Like eating fried chicken at every meal 7 days a week.

9 Likes

I have many pistol and rifles of different calibers, but why would someone only have one pistol caliber? I have a couple of friends that lived in NY and had carry permits. You had to list the firearm on the permit, so they could only carry the one on the permit.

5 Likes

I have only 9mm. One EDC, another for house and one for fun shooting.
I don’t feel the need to own more calibers. Tempted by .40 but never convinced myself of the need.

7 Likes

I myself shoot 22, 380, 9mm and 45 APC. I did have revolvers in 44Magnum and 45LC.
I just find that lately I shoot my 9mms more and the 45s stay in the safe.

I shoot 22 all the time.

7 Likes