M*CARBO Brotherhood

Who has USED, or is USING, NIGHT FISION TRITIUMS

Waiting for delivery on a front sight for P226. Anyone have any info on installing these.
NF says use a hammer and drift bar. Tapping on dovetail only in order to keep from voiding warranty.
They say sand bottom of dovetail if it fits too tight.
Any and all advice welcome !!!

7 Likes

I installed the TruGlo TFO sights on my Ruger LC9S. I did not have a sight pusher and ANY hammering of a tritium sight is strongly discouraged. I eventually got them installed after much grinding/adjustment and use of an improvised sight pusher made of several small clamps. Never again! The next time I will pay someone with the proper equipment to install sights.
Again, ANY hammering of a tritium sight should be carefully considered and avoided if at all possible although I must confess to having used a plastic mallet and punch to nudge mine into final adjustment.
That said, I really like the sights - but will again hate them when they need to be replaced in 12-15 years; assuming I live that long

6 Likes

I agree with that. I have now installed 5 sets of sights using the Wheeler sight tool and have had NO issues. It is getting closer to time for my USPS delivery person to be here so I am getting anxious.

6 Likes

Well, I ordered the Night Fision Perfect Dot sight set from Primary Arms for my P226 this afternoon, I suspect they’ll be showing up around the beginning of next week. In searching for information and reviews of the sights, I cam across this installation video from Brownells. Thought someone might find this helpful. The link below should start around 8 minutes in where the installation begins, everything prior is pretty much a review of the company and their product.

5 Likes

Literally 10 mimutes ago my #8 sig sized NF arrived via USPS…
I ripped open the package outside in full sun(no clouds). I thought yes I can see the orange ring REAL NICELY. I walked into my kitchen and held the front sight up in halflight AND GREEN glow right there infront of my SUN BLINDED EYES.
PLEASE NOTE the factory holder

THe BEATLES have a SONG “I AM A BELIEVER”
With the fiber optic TRUGLO rear sight it might shoot high. If that is the case I WILL buty a NF rear sight to go with it or order a #6 front sight.
Looking forward to waking at 3AM with my 226 by my bed.

15 minutes later,using NF protocales the sight is installed

F_(k the range is closed. Guess I will just have to hug her in the bed tonight, hoping she treats me ok in the morning.
Standing in a half lit hall outside a room where 2 100w LED bulbs are on the front sight GLOWS orange, making the front sight so easy to aquire.

10 Likes