M*CARBO Brotherhood

Which Model Sig Sauer ROMEO5?

I see seveal models of the Romeo5. Which one does everyone get for the new sub-2000 sight mount. The one with the 2032 battery or one with the AAA battery?

Thanks
Mudcon

8 Likes

@Mudcon Purchased one recently from P.S.A. for $120 with free shipping. It uses the 2032 battery.

6 Likes

@Mudcon

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Kerry.

4 Likes

I have the 2032 batt. Love the optic🇺🇸

4 Likes

I went with the 2032 battery takes up much less space in the battery housing. Also went with a Juliet 4X multiplier. This is on my AK

3 Likes

welcome kerry west to the forum ,with a name like that you should have been irish :smiley:

2 Likes

cancel Forget what I said. You only know what I said if you look at the other versions. Mine uses 3023 battery

1 Like

Wow, I just can’t get it right. 2032 battery I am going to stop talking now

3 Likes

I bought the Romeo 5 with the CR2032 and I also a Trijicon mro. I went back and forth and decided on the mro… anyone want a brand new Romeo 5 for $140. Includes shipping… Brand new… Just mounted it… Not using it, they wanted a 20% restocking charge to send back. i like the sight picture of the mro

1 Like

@Antman22 This has been discussed in the past and I’m pretty sure there is no selling of any items on this forum. Also on Ebay there are many brand new Romeo 5 for sale at or under $100 by reputable sellers.

3 Likes

OK… Thanks… Wasn’t sure about sale of items… I will just keep it… No worries

4 Likes

@Antman22

You might…just might have to buy another gun to mount that “spare” optic on, I hate when that happens. :wink::+1:

5 Likes

I have a tactical Solutions 22 that I already have that optic on, and I love it for that weapon. But you’re right, let’s spark the economy and buy stuff!

"Hookin’ You Up In Paradise!"

3 Likes

I have the SOR52101 (AAA battery) and am very pleased with it. Auto-on/off, selectable brightness and extremely rugged. Mounted on the mcarbo optic mount it solves my issue with the cheek weld for the iron sights being difficult to acquire and maintain. I don’t expect it to co-witness for that reason.

The working bits appear from the spec sheet to be the same with the only difference being that the CR2032 is listed as 40,000+ hrs and the AAA is listed as 50,000+ hrs. That’s not a significant difference in /my/ lifetime.

6 Likes

I went with the aaa battery, but have both types with no issues from either.
I would suggest looking at SOR 52102, as it has the circle dot. In my advancing years I find it easier to get on target by placing it inside the circle, rather than aiming the dot.

3 Likes

Anyone put a Romeo 5 along with a Juliet 4x on their S2000? How did you work out maintaining it’s ability to fold up?

1 Like

Haven’t put that combo on my sub2k, but did put it on my AK - Century C39V2. Great for close up and intermediate ranges. Very good optics.

1 Like

There’s not enough space on the Mcarbo optic mount for both, At the expense of raising the sight line, you could put a rail extender on the optic mount.

3 Likes

Okay, that might do. Thanks @alancdavis !

1 Like

like goose neck flipped backwards. how man slots are needed for the unit?

1 Like