Which hi-capacity mags work best with gen2 Glock variant

All Things SUB-2000!
Which hi-capacity mags work flawlessly with a Gen2 Glock variant?, besides factory Glock 33 rds(which are expensive & hard to find instock now). Was looking at Magpul 27 rds. Any other recommendations?.

6 Likes

Dunno about gen 2, but my ETS extended mags have worked flawlessly with my gen 4. In fact I’ve never had any problems with any ETS mags. Pretty affordable too.

6 Likes

Ditto. ETS works fine

3 Likes

Youll hear alot of people have had problems or just dont like the kci korean mags. But i have several 17 round couple extended giggle sticks and a kci 50 round drum and have put alot of rounds threw them i havent had the first issue. And there one of the cheapest glock style mags available. Id say for the price pick up one or two they might work perfect for you like they have for me. Also welcome to the forum @robocon

4 Likes

I have two RWB (Korean) 33rd 9mm fun sticks for my S2K… both perform flawlessly.

3 Likes

If you have any problem with aftermarket mags just go to the Glock store & buy springs for that caliber & size mags. That’s usually the problem. I did with my 1 KCI mags & works great. Typically $7 - $8.

1 Like

The only issue I have had with Korean Glock mags is the baseplate becoming brittle and cracking. Then everything unpredictably comes flying out. But that was after extended use. No feeding issues with the S2K. Not with Korean or ProMag.

You can easily upgrade the base on those Korean sticks to preemptively avoid that situation.

I’ve gravitated to ETS 30 rd mags. . Blue for FMJ, orange for hollow points, which I can but normally don’t run thru the S2K. That makes it easy to identify at a glance in the bug out bag - which has a G17 and S2K

I was cynical about polymer see-thru mags but they are now my preferred option for hi cap Glock mags.

Drums are fun but I find them impractical due to the weight. I keep one ready just in case that zombie apocalypse people talk about actually happens

2 Likes

I must admit though, I only load 30 rounds max.

3 Likes

I will double down on that statement.
The only issue I have with those ETS large capacity mags (the ones I have are for 40S&W and 9mm )
is feeding them :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :innocent: :beer:
They are ALWAYS crying out 4 MORE MORE MORE !
I just wish someone made LARGE capacity mags for PMR30’s :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass:.

THE poor UPS driver would get tied of being followed by ME.

4 Likes

Nobody mentioned SGM, But i have a couple 30+ rd mags that havent failed in my gen 2. ETS no issues either.

2 Likes

The only mag problem I have experienced is affording ammo to fill them.

4 Likes

Here is my limited experience with extended mags for my Gen2 Glock. I bought a couple of the Glock 33 rd extend mags which ran great no problem other than price. I found the KCI extended mags on sale and picked up 3. One ran fine with no problems, two gave me issues. I upgraded the springs (Wolff) and the followers (Glock) and the base plates (Glock). This fixed my two problem children. But my overall cost for those two with shipping, tax etc. now came to $30 ea. I just purchased 3 more Glock extended mags from Global Ordinance for $35 ea. including shipping and tax. In the end my time and aggravation Is worth much more than $5.00. So if you hunt around and wait on a good sale and are not picky on the color, you can pickup Glock extended mags for a little more than an upgraded aftermarket.

2 Likes