M*CARBO Brotherhood

Where Is The M*CARBO Brotherhood!?

I just had to do this…before another MIA thread started on me! :wink:

New products in the works now. I’m making some installation videos today.

Just dropped the Wife and Baby off at the airport. They are out of town for a week. Expect to hear a lot more from me. Haha!

I’m going to look a the threads I’ve missed lately.

Feel free to fill me in on anything pressing.

Who has a Ruger 77 or Ruger SP-101 or Mossberg SA-20, SA-28, or Hi-Point Carbine?

13 Likes

I’ve got a couple Hi Point carbines. 1 in 9mm and the other in 45acp. Absolutely love them. I use the Bushnell Trs 25 on both. Accurate, reliable, and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot!

4 Likes

Smart money bets that a 10mm High Point Carbine will join my blaster klan before 2018 expires. Trigger feedback is what makes it a safe bet instead of easy money - my Mechtech 10mm with its 1911 fire controls sets a high bar.

I haven’t studied the internals but I hope Team Nelson will accept this challenge. Their sales volume has been limited by their production capacity since releasing the 10mm into the wild with threaded barrel and last shot hold open (features many will look forward to enjoying on their 9mm and 45ACP carbines).

Imagine what will happen if High Point takes a page from Kel Tec and Ruger so the Carbines accept pistol mags from other vendors.

2 Likes

Yeah. I might pick up the 10mm version as well. Last year Indiana added 10mm as a deer legal cartridge. I really didnt want to add another caliber to the collection, but 10mm is a pretty versatile cartridge.

3 Likes

Just decided to pick up a Taurus G2C with the stainless steel slide. The price is just too good.

g2c

2 Likes

I’ve had a HiPoint 9mm carbine for years, I absolutely love it. Wish M*Carbo would do some mods for it. It was the first PCC I owned and still one of the most accurate and fun guns to shoot. If the Sub2k did not fold, I would never have bought it because the HiPoint filled the PCC need very nicely. It’s heavy but has zero recoil and is very accurate like I said.

3 Likes

@BiteYaHard I have 2 friends that have the 9mm hi point, I put a couple of mags through it it performed well but I can’t get over how ugly and heavy it is for a carbine

2 Likes

@Flogrown yeah the gen 1 was super ugly and the gen2, which I have, is not pretty but I modded mine up quite nicely so my only issue with it now is the weight of it. At the range the weight doesn’t matter as much when the grouping is so tight.

1 Like

@BiteYaHard No doubt, ever fired the 45 ACP hi point?

1 Like

@Flogrown No, I have not fired the 45ACP but I like the extended magazine better on the 45 than the 9mm, which looks like a boomerang. it takes the ugly to a new weirder level lol

I have a few 45ACP pistols, never thought about a PCC in that caliber really. The one other thing I love about my 9mm sub2k is that I can use my same M&P magazine in both guns, which is a HUGE win in my opinion. Honestly I was all set to buy a sub2k way back when I first saw them but they didn’t make M&P until gen2 and that clinched it.

2 Likes

Yes being able to swap mags from your carbine to your side arm is the big factor for me. Glock 22 and sub2k .40 here. That is the whole reason I got mine. I gave up looking for the sub2k cause I couldn’t find my desired variant. One day it just fell in my lap

3 Likes

Got a Ruger SP101!!!
What you got in mind?

2 Likes

We’re working on a spring and shim kit for it. Hopefully finished this week.

5 Likes

Oh we are up to the challenge! We’ve got a spring kit ready to go now. Just need to create the installation video.

4 Likes

What’s the trigger pull?

4 Likes

I was pretty impressed with the accuracy out of the box and the recoil reduction hardware built into the buttstock. No felt recoil and very easy to control under a high rate of fire.

The downside is they are built cheap and ugly

6 Likes

Exactly my thoughts on the Hi-Point. For the price you can afford to bury it somewhere as part of a “Shit Hit the Fan Disaster Plan” and not worry about it.

5 Likes

SUB2K wins every time with this and the folding feature.

8 Likes

Awesome. Cant wait to see it

Monty Montgomery

1 Like

Ive got the springs in my XBolt and waiting on one for my Tikka. Now anticipating the SP101 upgrade.

1 Like