M*CARBO Brotherhood

Wheel gun throw back

Yes I love my wheel guns, just thought I would throw it out there. My favorite within my collection which was handed down is a 1962 Colt Agent the old Dick Tracey style 38 special. I find it amusing when things come full circle because I see a lot of the Big names making light weight compact 38’s nowadays. What your favorite wheel gun

7 Likes

Mine is my Smith and Wesson Stains “Less” Steel 617-6…10 round 22LR Revolver. (K Frame)

So far I’ve:
Removed the underlug as much as possible
Added a Dawson fiber optic front sight
Still waiting for a rear fiber optic sight
Bought the Speedy Beez Speed Loader, 100 round block, and carrying/storage case.
I have fired 1,122 rounds fired so far and each time I use it I fall more in love with it…and I’m shooting more accurate.

Expensive revolver to buy but cheap forever to fire!:v::grinning::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

Before removing the underlug:

After removing underlug:

Fiber optic front sight added…picture taken indoors:

6 Likes

@MountainHunter
Nice wheel gun✌️
I like the sights :v:Bright, stands out clear :v:

Help me understand this.
Why?
How much did you remove?

6 Likes

It seems to be a training gun for the SW 686 357 revolver.
Too much weight and nose heavy for this old timer!

The first 3 pics are with the full underlug…all the others are with as much as I could remove.

For a very short time SW actually made a model exactly like mine without the front underlug.

The pic of the front sight was from indoors…need to take one in full sunlight.:sun_with_face:

For me it’s perfectly balanced now.:grinning:

Thank you!..:v:

4 Likes

@dave67 Looks great! Love the grip. Does it have the aluminum cylinder or did you change it out?

6 Likes

@MountainHunter That’s the aluminum cylinder in it but I also have the stainless cylinder and it was a long wait to get one. The stainless cylinder is polished and I like the satin bead blast finish better.

7 Likes

@dave67 How many rounds do you fire before cleaning?

3 Likes

My favorite is my Monson made Dan Wesson 715 Pistol Pack.

I did pick up a 4" .357 Windicator this afternoon. But, I don’t expect it to unseat the 715.

5 Likes

@MountainHunter

I clean my guns after every trip to the range regardless of how many rounds fired. I did find a set of S&W oil rubbed, checkered, satin walnut grips for it that look great but a speed loader cannot be used with them as they are a little wider than the Hogue grips and I also get a much better grip with the Hogue grips.

5 Likes

Good to know about the grips. I may upgrade one day and would not want to lose the Speedloader function…at all! Could you shave the area with a dremel?

I generally shoot a handgun and long gun of the same caliber when I shoot and clean them both after a session.

With the revolver, I take a q tip to the cylinder chambers occasionally if I shoot over 50 rounds to keep things operating smooth.

1 Like

My favorite is my S&W model 13-1. She’s an SFPD veteran. When Dirty Harry was packing his model 29 the rank and file had the 13-1. The FBI also carried this model during that time period.

4 Likes

I have a S&W mod 36 Chief’s Special 5-shot 38 spec. that I carried on duty during the 80’s. The Dept then decided to buy me a new S&W mod 19 2 1/2 in. 357mag. Still have both of them and inherited my father’s Chief’s Special he carried on and off duty. It’s a late 50’s flat latch model. And I do have a S&W Mod 29 44mag, also from my father. It’s from the 70’s. My family always favored S&W’s. For me the grip angle just worked better than the Colts. With all the new high capacity semiautos out there now it’s amazing what we bet our lives, and others, on back in the day.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest Not to many revolvers that I have fired yet that I didn’t like. Folks nowadays are hung up on how many rounds there are in the magizine, rather than the accuracy of the first 2 shoots.

9 Likes

My limited edition Harley Davidson 686 custom, and a Jerry Michaluk 627 custom 8 shot

4 Likes

Now granted I’d get more google eyes from the girls toting one of these in my britches

2 Likes

All of my handguns have story behind them. That Harley edition 357 I traded for a Beretta M-1 9 that I had about 340$ in it. The guy I traded didn’t like the recoil LOL when we traded he gave me a box of rounds he had bought Speer Gold dot critical defense there was 4 rounds missing out of the 20 round box LOL

4 Likes

Uploading: 0597BE15-BB92-4EB5-BBFD-F7F5FB2096D1.jpeg… Uploading: D5DD6B4D-5E91-4811-A240-2290A1C983F0.jpeg…

1 Like

Doing the Mcarbo kit in a SP 101

2 Likes

6 Likes

Right on Festus ! You still shoot full power rounds thru it ? My oldies I don’t shoot much I’m afraid the modern rounds are to much for them old wheel guns.

3 Likes