M*CARBO Brotherhood

What's the worst piece of junk you ever bought?

Well I had a 74 F250 4x4 and it was a good truck except it couldn’t pass a gas station. Had the 360 with the 2 bbl. Put a second tank on it for a total fuel load of 35 gallons. It had the 2 spd transfer case

5 Likes

Yer way better off finding some heifer you hate and buying her a car and a house. Saves time AND $$$

8 Likes

Do they still make those? I never read anything good about 'em!

5 Likes

Nope, it was discontinued in 2018-I think. Some say it’s the gun that bankrupted Big Green tho I lean far more it was the idiots that ran the Freedumb Group that caused it all. They paid way too much for Remington and then tried to recoup their money and rushed a new gun into production with not enough R&D.

It’s funny, the first 6-8 mags through the gun it worked just fine. It was rather accurate, too! Fits in my hand as good as any gun I’ve ever owned. Then it slowly started acting up-feeding issues and stove piping and such. Then the grip safety got all notchy and that’s when I parked it in the safe like Catfood did with his Kahr. Caught it on a closeout for $159 but I should have saved up and bought something else.

6 Likes

Freedom group… Ironic name for a bunch of corporate raiders! Companies like that purchase other companies, cut everything to the bone and milk 'em till there’s nothing left. Play games with tax shelters and write offs then dump the husk!
I think Marlin is very lucky to have been picked up by Ruger, Remington seems like they’re still finding their way between New York and Freedom group hammering them. I don’t know where that leaves Bushmaster if they even exist any more. At least Remington is making ammo again and that has to help with the shortages. I see 9mm is becoming plentiful again and .223 is starting to come back down along with 7.62. I just hope Remington starts to focus on quality more. I wouldn’t buy any of their new rifles after comparing them to the ones I own from the 70’s!

9 Likes

Agree totally @Jperr ! Over $460 spent on the S2K I bought and it never felt reliable. Prayed for M*Carbo to make a metal clamshell. Sold it and bought a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S2. And now I give you the CZ 75 Phantom. No non-vulgar words can describe what an abomination that gun was.

Internals were in a gage within another cage within the polymer frame. One of the springs was barley larger than a human hair. Try finding that sucker when it goes “Sproing”. Trigger pull sounded like sand in a gear box. Polished single part till my eyes burned and started bleeding/ And let me show you how many parts.

And then there was the Sig P365XL, Found in a local Pawn Shop. Traded the CZ Phantom in on it and thought I had a real deal. It was to be the wife’s carry gun. Every time she fired the damn thing it ejected the casing back into her face. Called Sig, sent it to them, they sent it back, listing fixes. Took wife to home range, second round fired the ejected casing plinked her in the forehead.
Traded the P365 in on a Glock 43x that she picked out. sigh

8 Likes

Reminds me of the first FN 5.7 I bought; prettiest paperweight ever! Same amount of parts with a couple of hair like springs and a 9# trigger pull! It also developed a crack in the frame that they refused to warranty “because I altered the gun” (it shot about a foot high at 50ft. so I changed the front sight). I wasn’t going to ever buy another one but I got a deal I couldn’t refuse. The FDE ones were going for over $1400 so when I was able to pick one up for $900 I figured I’d shoot up the rest of my ammo and sell it at a gun show for $1200 and get some of my money back. I wound up keeping it and was recently offered $1500 for it. I would have sold it but my Ruger 57 has been sent back 4 times now (once with a complete replacement).
It’s amazing how desperate Covid makes some people!

6 Likes

Keltec P11. Shot 50 rounds out of it and had 3 FTF or FTE. Also was the most uncomfortable pistol to shoot. Hand ached after those 50 rounds do to the pistol being so light. Sold it to a buddy and he broke the firing pin after another ?50 rounds. I fixed it and he sold it to some one else.

That has the be the snappiest pistol ever made. I’ve shot big bore revolvers that hurt less.

6 Likes

Anything lorcin was and is complete junk that is liable to cause more harm to user then target. Ive had a 380 and 22 lorcin that was to cheap to pass up and after firing each i got rid of them. Im a big taurus revolver fan but there semi autos are hit or miss. The newer stuff does seem to be little better qc then older stuff. Ive owned several hi point pistols and carbines and have never had first problem. Of course any gun i ever get i strip it to bare parts and polish and clean everything. Which i think can make all the difference between a bad gun becoming good and a good gun becoming better. Ive got a hi point jhp 45 which is a huge heavy brick of a pistol but ive shot well over 2000 rounds threw it and have never had one problem. Ive got a friend who bought the c-9 hi point and i know hes well over 3000 rounds threw it no problems except a bad mag came with it but hi point replaced it no problems even included an extra mag for the trouble. Id have to say biggest piece of junk i ever bought was s&w sd40v it was cheap enough and comin from s&w you would think it would be better quality but i traded it for a taurus.

9 Likes

MAB 32 auto pistol and surplus. Complete junk.

7 Likes

first 5.7FN was a swap for some work i did up in WV, date on the case was 6/28/13, i got it in 19 first 50 rounds at 25 yard(psa range) shooting weakhand(right) because i hadnt flipped it lefty yet,i really dont like indoor ranges anyway ,but it did ok for right out the box, tweaked sights and flipped left its great now at over 1000K and never had a issue from it or the PS.

7 Likes

I actually like the 2nd fn. The Ruger is more accurate but I have a problem getting my thumb up on the safety and have gotten used to the the index finger safety on the fn. My latest issue with the Ruger isn’t the pistol’s fault. The mounting screws for the optic plate that holds my Holosun 507 both broke sending my red dot flying back into my forehead.

5 Likes

Ruger P89 .40 cal
Shot fine at first, but after a few mags it started double firing
Hard to notice if mag dumping but when actually single firing
Was at a friends farm when we noticed it actually doing this.
He worked at a hunting / fishing shop and took it on trade and sent it back to Ruger
Only Ruger i have now is a mkII bull barrel 22lr and a m77 allweather 7mm Mag

4 Likes

KAHR CW 45
I bought the .45 acp pistol on sale for $249 plus tax and fees. I was excited to buy my first compact .45 pistol. I cleaned it before and after i had fired about 100 rounds thru it. It started to fail to lock open after last round. I looked at the slide release and noticed it was working its way out after firing it several times. Eventually the gun failed to go into battery. I took it to my local gun shop and told them why i was not happy with it. The gun shop gave me $150 trade in towards a Ruger AR-556. It was a much better choice.

5 Likes

The ARs gotta be a little harder to conceal carry :joy:

7 Likes

[quote=“GOBLIN, post:8, topic:14354, full:true”]
wedding rings for first and second ex wives. I woulda been a lot better off if i had spent that money on hookers and blow, or more guns.
crap now that i mentioned them i will hear from one of em. demons are often summoned by the sound of their name…[/quote]
An old buddy of mine, who was in a similar situation, always said marriage licenses should be like fishing licenses, you should have to renew them every year or they expire.

10 Likes

It’s unfortunate but my experience with Midway’s customer service has not been very good. In fact, I’ve stopped doing business with them because of it. I have a retail/gunsmithing business and some time back I ordered a thousand rounds of Winchester .22LR ammo in hundred round plastic boxes. When the package arrived it was puking .22 LR ammo out of the box flaps and it sounded like a baby rattle. It had been packed so poorly that almost every plastic box was broken and the shipping box was full of loose ammo. When I contacted them they said that they would send me new plastic boxes and replace the ammo that was missing due to “leakage” during shipping. All I had to do was count the remaining ammo !! I have a business to run and the last thing I have time for is counting or repackaging .22 LR ammo. They refused a refund or any other action to help me out. I closed my account that day.

7 Likes

Membership in an online organization that rhymes with Fig Paddy Unsimited. Not once did I find them to have the lowest prices available…that is when they had something of use in stock. And they have know-it-all customer service…at leaat one rep. It’s fine for folks who don’t take the time to shop around for the best deals. But dor those of is who hint dor thay extra $10-500 in savings over next best deals, at a monthly cost of a Chik Fil-A meal, I’d rather save the money.

6 Likes

The worst I ever bought at a very young age was a Lorcin .380 pistol . I couldn’t trust it to get thru a full mag with out stove piping.

8 Likes

Llama 380…years ago…jam every 2nd or 3rd round.

6 Likes