What was your first gun and how old were you?

How old were you when you got your first gun and what was it?
I got my savage single shot .22 for Christmas when I was 12. I shot the sh*t out of that thing! We had a farm in northern WI with 280 acres, lots of woods. That gun was my constant companion.

19 Likes

Daisy BB gun around 10yrs.old.
The odd part is I had already shot a 30-30 lever action and trap with a 12 gauge at age 9.
Guess the folks had to go the cheapest route.
I still had a good time with the Daisy.

13 Likes

Had BB guns and bows when I was six. First guns fired was grandpas .32 llama and an old 20 gauge which I’m not too sure what make it was. I think I was 7-8 then. Not sure who has the 20, but I know my uncle still has the revolver.

13 Likes

Marlin Model 60 when I was 13. Bought it new for like @$35 at a Holiday Gas Station in Tomahawk Wisconsin. It was always strapped to my snowmobile.

15 Likes

Mine was a winchester model 94. Dad handed it to me when I was 9. Had to hit a 6" circle at 100 yards with it consistantly, then I could hunt with it. Still have it and it’s in pristine condition. Everytime I used it I had to sit down and clean it to dad’s white glove inspection satisfaction.

18 Likes

@DJW Where abouts in Wisconsin?

7 Likes

Did someone say Wisconsin lol?

9 Likes

As far as the topic, I had BB rifles as a kid, but my first firearm purchase was a Mossberg 500 12 guage within the last 3 years (I’m 38 now). I was a late bloomer to the firearms world. I had shot guns growing up, but never owned them until the 500.

14 Likes

1st bb/.177 pellet gun at 9. Crosman 760XL. Still have it
2nd gun at 12 was an H&R single break open action 12 guage. I do not have that one anymore :confused:

16 Likes

My first was a sawed off 12 gauge double barrel alley sweeper.
2nd was 22 derringer
Both when I was 21

13 Likes

Well I guess I can say my name was on it, so it was considered mine at the time.
Didn’t own any firearms when I was younger or as a teen.
Parents divorced and I enrolled in some military duty to stay active and make some money. And that is when I was introduced to this fine fellow, FNC1.
and got right into hunting during that time, and bought a Browning 92 .44 Rem Mag Magnum Lever Action Rifle,

And the rest is history, have only owned sporting long arm rifles and shotguns.

14 Likes

Butternut…do you know that area?

9 Likes

@DJW Played HS sports against Park Falls all the time. I lived on Lake Nokomis north of Tomahawk. Most of my family still lives there… nice to go home occasionally. It’s called “God’s Country” for a reason. :+1::us:

11 Likes

I just passed south of that area today. Drove from Superior to Weyauwega. I’m originally from Appleton, and my mom moved out to Weyauwega when she remarried

8 Likes

This Glenfield 25 @ 6.

14 Likes

Testing my aging memory but I think I was about 6 or 7 when my grandad bought me a BB gun. My mom flipped out and would not let me use it. Something about losing an eye. Anyway I found out where mom hid it and would sneak it out and head for the woods a few blocks from the house when I could. Plinking the old glass clorox bottles and snakes was fun. Have no idea whatever happened to it.

8 Likes

I’m from Green Bay, but spent a lot of time over the years at the Harley rallies in Tomahawk. The wife and I still spend a couple weekends a year in Minocqua.

6 Likes

It’s a little known fact that Harley has a small component plant in Tomahawk. Several of my relatives have worked there in the past. I graduated H.S. at Tomahawk Senior High in 1977.

And, true story… in 1978 I actually dated Karen Davidson… it was a youthful summer love. Yeah… her dad is Willie G. Davidson. Sound familiar? :rofl:

She is now the Creative Director for the company’s merchandise division. She was smokin’ hot back then… and she still is…

11 Likes

If you would have played your cards right - free Harleys for life!

10 Likes

The one that got away lol

9 Likes