M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Size Scope Rings

I recently (yesterday) purchased a Ruger 10/22 with a Vortex 2 x 7 x 32 scope. It also comes with Leopold rings. Good deal at kygunco.com for $339.00. I’m getting it for the wife so we can plink together. I will probably not use the provided rings (although there is certainly nothing wrong with Leopold) because I’m a fan of the Tally style rings, one piece and all. I’m thinking that with a 32mm objective, the low height would be the rings I want. But any confirmation by the brotherhood would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

You said “any.” I fixed my 2-7x32 Leupi to my Marlin Papoose with low rings. But, I don’t ever believe I’m as low as I want to be until I try at least one set that slams the bell against the barrel. And, I’m happy when I can slip a dollar between the bell and the barrel, but rip the dollar if I try it folded.

7 Likes

ive had a pissing contest about scope mounts for years. I finally figured out the heights of Warne mounts, which i primarily use across the board.
no two manufacturers of scope rings use the exact same measurement.
what is STD height on a Vortex mount, will be high on a warne. what is high on a warne will be ultra high on a nikon… the one piece cantilever mounts such as rock river or GG@G can be as much as a 1/8 difference for the same listed mount. and height from bottom of circle changes again between 30mm and 1 " tubes.

ive not used Tatty’s mount but if i was using a Rock River mount it would be the medium height.you can always add a adjustable comb (pad) if you need to adjust your cheek weld. but its hard to do anything other than replace mounts if your cheek weld is to low…

7 Likes

My vote goes to Burris rings, that’s all I ever use now & have changed previous scope rings to Burris.

3 Likes

I actually used the rings that came with the package. It’s definitely not a terrible setup. She’s happy with it. She drives tacks with it. So why change?