What’s Older Glock 22 Worth? (‘08-‘09)

I’m not real savvy with glocks I have a friend that has a older glock 22 08-09 model he asked me yesterday if I wanted it but I don’t know what they are worth if anyone can help me with a fare price I would surely appreciate it

3 Likes

@Whitehammer Listings for Gen 3 (1995-2010) Glock 22 are on Gunbroker for $250-$350. Alot of aftermarket support is out there for Glocks.

7 Likes

@dave67 @Whitehammer Some Nice Conversions also’ I believe?

6 Likes

@DivaMarie Yup, he could make it a 9mm or .357 SIG with a conversion barrel.

5 Likes

@dave67 And then we have the 22TCM / 9R conversion by R.I.A. ?

6 Likes

@DivaMarie Did not know that but yes, 22 TCM 9R conversion.

7 Likes

@dave67 @Whitehammer Just bought my 2nd 1911 22tcm/9r and haven’t be able to find ammo in the 9r or the bullets for reloading’ may have to send Dred a email and see if has any Ideas.

5 Likes

@DivaMarie

I don’t know anything about this round but found this web site www.ammosupplywarehouse.com that says “everything 22 TCM”.

5 Likes

@dave67 I’ve been Using them for years to get Ammo but no on the 39 grain 9r!
bullets or loaded 39 grain lots of the 40grain.

5 Likes

@DivaMarie

Ammoseek shows one vendor: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22tcm9r

6 Likes

@Dred Thank you Sir for That !:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you for the help and advice

5 Likes

Whitehammer, you should get one. Not that I love Glocks, but I love Glocks.

Emotion aside, that argueably the most tried & true model Glock has ever sold. LEOs for decades have used it here in the US, and other countries as well.

They’re dirt cheap right now as there’s a lot of LEO surplus thanks the the FBI downgrading the appeal of the 40 cal a few years ago, all are switching to 9mm.

Plus, buy one gun get three. Get a 9mm conversion barrel and mags for shooting plentiful & cheap 9mm. Get a Glock 357 Sig barrel, that’s all that’s needed and Glock’s only officially approved conversion, and shoot a rocket ship of a round.

What are you thinking about all this? What is the price your friend is asking for his?

4 Likes

I bought it this afternoon for $250.00

6 Likes

Good man! LoL, welcome to Glock world, and it’s a big one.

Looks pretty new to me, is he the original owner? Are those fiber optic sights? If so, those are worth $50ish. Two mags or ?

I own plenty of Glocks, but only one in 40 cal, the gen 3 22 like yours. I was expecting all this harsh recoil, but in the full size 22, not a “thing” IMO. I started a thread on GlockTalk “40 cal I get it now” and its about 34 pages long. Still plenty people appreciate what the 40 cal is … a dang good balance of all things considered … capacity, recoil, foot pounds of impact.

Congrats. If you have any questions, holler. I take those things apart with my eyes closed. Simplicity is a cornerstone of the Glock.

5 Likes

He is/was the original owner. 2 mags and it doesn’t have a scratch on it I’ll bet there’s not been 500 rounds through it and yes on Fiber optics

4 Likes

Score. For SD, after seeing some testing I picked Hornady Critical Duty +P. Here’s some testing info https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#40SW

Congrats again. Like I said, most tried & true Glock you can buy!

5 Likes

The resale market is flooded with Glock 22s right now. Lots of police agencies(mine included) have traded 22s for Glock 17s and 19s.

2 Likes