M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Other Firearms You Own?

I few months ago I asked if any body could help me with info about a rifle I had. The best idea was to sell it and buy more ammo for my other guns. Great idea , but I was still curious about what I had.

I did a little more research and figured it out. For those who care it is ( was ) a RockIsland Arsenal Model 1903 manufactured in 1907. Don’t know if it was used in the war before somebody decided to have it sporterized . Oh well off to the gun store to see what they will give me in trade.

7 Likes

@godallmighty don’t take it to pawn stars. Expert comes in and says it’s the only one in the world and it’s made of solid gold.

Rick: “The best I can do is $20.”

8 Likes

@godallmighty If the serial number on this RIA 1903 is below 285507 it should not be fired. The Ordnance Dept. determined in Feb. 1918 that RIA 03’s manufactured before that serial number had insufficient bolt and receiver heat treatment making those parts very brittle and subject to breakage.

6 Likes

@Don68 Yea that turned up in my research, my number is 115xxx Thanks for the heads up. :+1: Some guy used his eyes to tell if the heat treatment was up to the right temperature and then would ok it.

4 Likes

@Kona Hopefully I can get more than $20. I think the scope is worth more than that. :smiley:

5 Likes

I thought it was, “The best I can do is like five bucks. Gotta call an expert.” LOL

3 Likes

@kona They offered me $200. Turned it down. Now that I know someone will buy it , I’ll try to be a little greedy. It will probably came back and bite me in the butt , End up with a safe queen. First world problems at their best. :scream:

8 Likes

@godallmighty if they offered you $200 they can probably flip it for around $450.

8 Likes

I went into buds and traded in a Rossi ranch hand in .44mag and some one bought it for $100 more than they gave me as it was still on the table :joy:

10 Likes

I finally got my 1911A1. Haven’t been able to shoot it but looking forward to getting out and running a few mags.

14 Likes

@KM55 very nice! Look forward to hearing your range report.

4 Likes

@KM55

What a beautiful looking pistol!
The grips and wood grain, what a looker.
Would love that in my collection.

6 Likes

@KM55 :heart_eyes: mighty Fine addition. Did you get that at a local shop? She’s Perty!!

3 Likes

@KM55, did that grip come with it? Very nice sir! I want a a1 one day…

4 Likes

I love my Springfield, and im sure you’ll love yours as well! Here’s mine.

6 Likes

No it was bought from a retired LEO who has bad eye sight. The 1911 along with the original paperwork and box plus the work that was done on the pistol along with 1800 rounds of Winchester white box ammo. It was a great deal.

5 Likes

Yes it did, It also came with two sets of standard grips one in black the other in brown.

4 Likes

@GOBLIN I had lousy luck bird hunting this afternoon but Blue Streak hunting was slightly better.
Its not a very good pic. I only had a moment to get one real fast. I will get some better ones. The bottom one is a daisy bb.
I’m not sure if I can talk him into letting go of it or not.

3 Likes

Glock 19, 26, Mossberg590

2 Likes

This is a stock I have.that I believe is for this pellet rifle. [Chinese SKS Air Rifle Type B3 ]

The etching/engraving was done using a high voltage arc.
I’m guessing the voltage was ramped up using a rectifier.

11 Likes