M*CARBO Brotherhood

What is your favorite holster?

Thank you Josh. My local FFL did it. He charges $125 for compact (like my Glock 43 pictured) and $150 for full size handguns (like my Glock 17). It feels GREAT! No more tape or press on grips that need to be replaced regularly. And no need to worry about sweety hands anymore.
He is an FFL and people from all over the country trust and use him. If you like, PM me and I’ll get you the contact information.

I am not sure you even need an FFL (or their fee) if you are only mailing the polymer lower(?).

3 Likes

Theres no way i can justify the cost, but i am curious what tip was used. It almost looks like a small square pattern? A glock lower is the firearm technically speaking.

4 Likes

Thanks Josh… I have always wondered about that. Every firearm I have evrr bought was already complete.
My guy won’t be in until Friday. I’ll ask him which tip he used and PM you.

3 Likes

Color me old school, but nothing beats a leather holster for me.
If I don’t make it myself, the only other holster I’m willing to spend my hard-earned money on is Galco. Either the Concealable, or as a close second their Combat Master.
WB

5 Likes

Im with you on that @Woodbutcher, leather is the most comfortable ive used. Still running my original Galco IWB bought for my Glock 20+ yrs ago, and carried with it constantly until i switched to pocket carry a few years back. Still holds up to this day 100% effective. P.S. i never got into all the conditioning crap. The only oils it ever saw, was leftover gun oil applied by the gun itself.

3 Likes

I have boxes full of holsters that didn’t work for me. Bought a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 27 and finally, a holster I forget I’m even wearing. Bought a second one for a Walther PPK and a MiniTuck for my Springfield XDS. Just ordered the Crossbreed Reckoning IWB/OWB holster for my new Springfield Hellcat. Supposed to arrive Monday.

6 Likes

Im looking for a new sig p238 (or colt mustang) IWB leather holster. I had a tagua 4in1 that i just couldnt make comfortable. Plus, inconveniently would press the mag release when i moved around, and would eject the mag out the back of my shirt. As an OWB, or "clip on " to random objects, it didnt do too bad though.

2 Likes

For the Sig 238 I use a Sticky Pocket holster. Maybe I should say “used”. The wife has taken that pistol off my hands and carries it when using one of he smaller purses. She just got 2, 7 round extended mags for it for Christmas. Only time I see that gun anymore is when it needs cleaning.

6 Likes

I use and love my Desantis sticky holster, but dont like the ext mags in pocket, because its too much bind on draw. Maybe my pockets could use to be a bit wider 🤷

3 Likes

Agreed. Wife now has the p238 and she wanted the extended mags to get a 3rd finger on the grip for more control.

3 Likes

I’ve been using Sneaky Pete’s for all my carry pistols.
Except my P938, which I use a J&J pocket holster.
I’ve enjoyed all the ballistic nylon holsters from SP.
But after making my P365 SAS XL, I got a leather one.
I don’t really like it at all. The flap is way too long.

I’ve just ordered a Tactipac Fusionpac this morning.
And I find the Urban Carry G3 very interesting.
I’ll be adding this one to my collection soon.

As for belts, check out SPEC-OPS Belts.

3 Likes

Conditioning isn’t really needed if good quality leather and construction. Galco checks both boxes. I haxe a couple 30 years old and only getting better.
I live in a high bear activity area, so daily carry isn’t an option. Gun oil, sweat and the occasional spots of blood are all mine get. Black and Havana Brown hide the stains.
IMHO, leather has a character, a personality, as it conforms to the gun amd body the others lack.
WB

4 Likes

My new holster from Gunner’s Custom Holsters

8 Likes

My new Crossbreed Reckoning holster came in today. Set up for IWB carry with the standard belt clips. Also got a set of J-Clips for more covert IWB carry and a set of OWB belt loops.

6 Likes

As a leathersmith and holster maker i like a good leather holster. Ive got kydex holsters i just dont like them i do have a couple canvas holsters i use on occasion. But a good quality leather holster will last a lifetime and then some. I dont like the molded leather holsters that are being made they do fit the specific gun like a glove but to get the shape the leather has to be way over worked and fits great for awhile then turns into a loose leather bag. I make all my holsters with a snug fit so when the leather does stretch naturally it gives that perfect fit. Heres my edc rig for my Taurus 357.

6 Likes

Very nice work, and personalized, can’t get that off the shelf.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me anything about this holster I inherited?

Also, until I can figure out how to buy one without the wife finding out, I made this temporary holster for the new Ruger Wrangler. Not that pretty but not bad for a lawyer. :grinning:

5 Likes

Mike
What do you think of the holster? I was getting ready to order one when I found this post.

2 Likes

It’s not my favorite holster (yet?), but I just got a Sticky Holster and it works very well. I was quite surprised because they looked so gimmicky to me, especially for IWB carry. But, turns out they actually work! I’m in pajama bottoms right now with only a drawstring (sorry, TMI LOL) and I can carry my P365 arround IWB no problem. It stays in place very well and same for when carrying in pants with an actual belt. Now, I can carry something more substantial than a Ruger LCP II around the house in total comfort without it trying to pull my pants down. Before, only the LCP II pocket carry could do that. Now, my favorite “adult” outside holster is still the one from Bravo Concealment for the P365, but this Sticky Holster is gaining fast!

3 Likes

I like it real well. This is my 4th Crossbreed holster. My first was the Supertuck with horsehide for a Glock. The second was a minituck for a Walther PPK/S. The 3rd was a Minituck W/Combat cut for a XDS Slim with black cowhide and now this one for the Hellcat with what they call the Founders Leather. They are all good. The supertuck with horse hide was the most comfortable on day one. It’s also the widest so it distributes the load well. Now that I’ve worn this Reckoning holster for a few weeks I really like it. Is a little more compact and has excellent retention adjustments. The leather was a little scratchy around the edges the first week or so but now I forget it’s even there. I will probably stay away from the black leather because I sweat a lot and for the first month or so I’d get black stains on my shorts whenever I’d sweat.
If you are like me, you probably have a couple boxes of holsters that just didn’t work as advertised. After buying my first Crossbreed, that’s all I’ve bought since.

3 Likes