M*CARBO Brotherhood

What is your favorite holster?

I did not see a topic for holsters, so I thought I would add one. I purchased a holster form my P365 w/Lima laser from Gunner’s Custom Holsters and love the product. It is made in America with a life time warranty, and the company is owed by a retired Infantry Weapons Officer known as a Marine Gunner USMC/0306 with 23 years of service. Love the product and will be purchasing from them again.

Pics

9 Likes

My favorite is the Blackhawk Serpa line. Well made and very affordable. Your handgun locks into the holster but releases with a simple push of the button located on the side of the holster. Many come with either or both a belt loop or paddle attachment. They are also both height and cant angle adjustable. Made for J-frame revolvers to 1911’s. I have them for 5 different handguns and use them for every day and professional carry.

5 Likes

Great topic idea, not a handgun owner, but looking forward to seeing some of the favorites’ out there. :+1:
Cheers,

3 Likes

Scott, nice holster there!
Maybe carry belts ought to be included since they work in conjunction with the holster.

That said, there are so many things to consider when going down the concealed carry path.
I have a less expensive Blue Alpha that works for me.
Watched quite a few YT reviews and informative videos on the importance of carry position, sweat guard height, draw retention/release, etc. before my latest purchase…so many variables and personal preferences come into play…EVERYONE is different.
I have a few options for some of the pistols I carry. Galco, WTP, On Your 6 to name a few. Most are Kydex, IWB appendix carry. The Tier 1 bought recently seems to be the best all around set up for me.

3 Likes

@Slowest it took me a while to warm up to appendix carry, but now I almost exclusively appendix or pocket carry. Pointing a loaded weapon at my groin did not seem like a good idea. To make it worse, I had looked up some of the negligent discharge videos when a person tried to re-holster appendix; YIKES! My solution was to never ever re-holster my firearm while wearing the empty holster on my person. I always take the empty holster off my belt, holster in a safe direction, then position my holster with the pistol IWB appendix or pocket carry.

I do carry my P-07 occasionally OWB rh side during winter months.

2 Likes

I hear ya!
This video seems like a practical review of carry positions.
I glean some good info from [most of] his videos.

3 Likes

@Slowest I think the video has good points, but for my peace of mind, I will not be re-holstering my pistol that way. Good form, but with a striker fired weapon, all it takes is something getting in the trigger guard and boom! you are one ball Charlie.

2 Likes

When I go to the range and want to carry my baby eagle 45 I use this Alien Gear cloak Tuk. It was the only place I found a holster made for that particular pistol. It fits like a glove and is fully adjustable and very comfortable.

3 Likes

My EDC is a XD 9 MOD 2. I’ve tried a few different holsters. I had a pretty comfortable Houston holster but it collected lint like crazy. Same with my Galco leather. But now I use an Amberide kydex. No lint problem, adjustable cant & retention. If I change again I might go with another Alien Gear.

4 Likes

I use a Little Fox IWB holster for my XD9 and XD45 - it fits both. I use a Braid’s for the P365 and PocketHolsters for the P938.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of Fox holster. What kind of holster is it?

2 Likes

Kydex over leather.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information I will check it out

2 Likes

De Santis Speed Scabbard. OWB Leather.

2 Likes

I carry the Sig P365 as well. My summer IWB is a trigger holster. I’m looking for a good OWB for winter and will need to check out Gunners Holsters. Thanks for posting his site. I’ve been looking for a good retention owb. I’ve tried everything from the WeThe People (crap in my opinion) to an alien gear.

4 Likes

Those trigger holsters scare me. Seems like you’re messing around the bang button too closely. My understanding is you must take the holster off your belt to holster the firearm and that implies using both hands, plus exposing the firearm for others to see and maybe opening yourself up to a brandishing charge. What’s your experience been like?

2 Likes

I put it on when I leave the house and it never leaves the holster unless I am going to use it. (I pray I never have to, but I have it in case.). With the 365 being so small and light you never feel as if you are carrying.

There is a tie down that you wrap around your belt because the retention is so tight that when you do pull it out the holster usually comes with it. As long as you keep the booger hook away from the bang switch, it’s never gonna go off. The trigger holster has no edges or protrusions that would hit the trigger.

5 Likes

I’m sure you can find a good owb holster, there’s plenty of options out there. Have you looked at some of the new shape shift holsters from alien Gear.

1 Like

Under my dash and above my knee. One quick tug and it’s ready to go…

Favorite holster? I own Safariland holsters for all my Glocks.

6 Likes

Who did your stippling Brian? Very tight and clean. I like it.

4 Likes