M*CARBO Brotherhood

What is this used for?

This metal tab on the back side (body side) of the thumb break snap, what’s it used for? Probably gonna be one of the “Duh” moments… :man_farmer:

7 Likes

@Festus
My guess is it a hammer tab.
Piece of leather runs through it to form a loop that you can loop over the hammer.
Just a guess.

6 Likes

You might be right. Or possibly for a lanyard?

4 Likes

Hard Telling not Knowing :rofl:

5 Likes

I’d guess it’s just to stiffen that side of the thumb break and move the point where the tab flexes down from the snap increasing leverage and alter the direction the force is applied to the snap (assuming that its a directional “pull the dot” style snap"

8 Likes

Another interesting possibility.

6 Likes

That is an Italian mystery tab thingy…

6 Likes

@manicmecanic Welcome aboard. Leave it to the Italians…

5 Likes

Thanks Festus… my dad (veteran…86yrs. old) watches gunsmoke every day.

5 Likes

Piggin loop,Hammer Loop, shock Loop(jump style) got em on a couple single action holsters, most Jump rigs ive seen have a closed flap, but shock cord on thatun would work…

5 Likes

Flat steel would have more potential to bend and distort in reverse when forcefully un-snapping. That loop effectively focuses the bending force into the arch, which, because its so small makes it really tough to invert. The physics works in my head, but the type of steel would be the true validator.

5 Likes

Naw, you guys got it all wrong. That’s where you hook the jumper cable. :joy:

7 Likes

@Festus
So tell us about the holster?
Is it used? New?
Where you get it?
What are you going to use the thing-a-gig for?
Please don’t listen to @phuzzy42
You have to put one end of the jumper cables on the front sight and the other on the hammer.
I use saddle soap on my leather goods.
Inside and out.

6 Likes

@Captainjack88 It’s new and going back to whence it came. The fit is horrible as seen here.
When I asked the vendor about the fit he insisted I had bought the wrong holster, (this one he claims is for the 92 Compact) and offered an exchange for the full size 92FS rig. He has yet to reply to my question, if this one is too big, how will the fit of the correct (larger) holster be any better? Bought on Amazon and am using their free return full refund policy, this DeSantis is on the way.

8 Likes

@Festus damn brother that aint even close,what does the side profile look like? it match the outline? looks big enough to house my USP

7 Likes

ya know, ya could run det cord thru that, jus to tighten it up a mite…

8 Likes

@Festus My guess is its for a lanyard.

4 Likes

Makes me a bit misty-eyed there…@Captainjack88 would ya look at that, our boy @Festus all growed up and fixin’ ta carry… :grinning:

5 Likes

Since ya asked, here’s the side profile. I sent both these photos to the vendor initially.
poorfit1c

5 Likes

Hey, no need ta be mean…I refuse to grow up. :rofl:

Maybe it’s for the suppressed 92 Compact… :rofl:

2 Likes