What is the SUB-2000 barrel nut torque specification?

All Things SUB-2000!

Anyone out there know what the SUB-2000 barrel torque specification is for Gen 2? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

@2A4EVER

Hey, great question.
I would also like to know. Am preparing to crack my SUB2K open for a bunch of upgrades and will be replacing the nut and bolts to steel on reassembly.
If I am not mistaken, I believe a certain grade of lock tight was also part of the reassembly but don’t quote me on that.
Stay tuned, I’m certain several folks know the torque specs.
Cheers,

2 Likes

Tight, but not over tight. Just like everything else in the known universe.
My gunsmith installed mine. I would ask him but he is dead now.

5 Likes

leave no trace

3 Likes

It’s why I always ask people to “bill me”. They may die before you have to pay it.

Follow me for more great financial advice

3 Likes

OK, is any type of lock tight used/recommended.
I believe I read here on the Forum that the bolt/nut came loose on sombody’s SUB2K.

So tighten them up, and keep an eye on them for a while while firing and afterwards, check if they are still tight.

Is that what you mean, or goes without saying?
Thanks,

1 Like

Use the Blue Loctite. Easier to loosen when you want it to. And… it tastes better than Red (I always somehow get a little on my fingers).

1 Like

I made the mistake of using red lock tight on my enduro motor casing, that’s more than somewhat permanent stuff.
I will use a dab of blue as noted.
There must be a torque rating or is it truly just a guess snug tight. Being plastic I would not want to over tighten them… :roll_eyes:
“Rolling back to original question”

3 Likes