M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Is In A Book?

Here are some of the books that I have read and use as reference material. I am always looking for good informative books so if you have some that you have enjoyed please share.

2 Likes

@KM55, Kenneth, you have quite the library… I used to have a lot of martial arts books. With a couple of ‘divorces’ under my belt, I had a major CLEARINGHOUSE event. I have been carrying light for quite some time now. Internet has ‘everything’ I need. LOL

2 Likes

I really like hard copies. if or when the Internet goes kaput I still want to read and sharpen my skills.

3 Likes

@KM55. I know what you mean. It definitely has its disadvantages… I am a minimalist by nature. There is Kindle for me. I have a problem with ‘passwords’ and keeping my mind sharp enough to ‘remember’ them!!! I need a safe just to hide my password book… Big smiles!

1 Like

@KM55,
Looking at your book collection, ammo cans, and deep pantry I almost feel like I’m looking in the mirror or at the very least a very like minded individual. Just curious, what part of the country are you in? I am on the Texas Gulf Coast. If you are anywhere near, maybe we could meet someday and discuss matters further.

2 Likes

@Texprep, You both need to ‘get a room?’ LMAO Now, let’s keep this room G-rated!!!

Laugh all you want, but mutual aid during a SHTF event keeps people alive.

2 Likes

@Texprep, No Mike. I ‘totally’ agree with you. Being ‘tactical’ one needs to keep commad at different localities. The enemy gets to one’s door and they are defeated! If one sets the stage, victory is theirs, for sure!!!

1 Like

@Texprep, I believe the book in question was written by Tso Szu? It takes a very strong and determined mind when the SHTF!!!

1 Like

@lonewolf,
Not really one book in particular but I do keep up with different .gov sites and am getting concerned that they went from 3 days supplies to 2 weeks, and now unofficially 6 months in their recommendations for every american to keep on hand. What do they know that they’re not telling us?

3 Likes

@Texprep, It was the one book that was on my mind and I had one of those brain spasms… LOL. The govt. has been ‘planning secretly’ for a very long time. One should be concerned. My opinion about the government and all the world’s financial holdings are being carried out through the ‘secret society’ of Masons… It all is scary, don’t you think???

2 Likes

@lonewolf
Not so worried about the secret societies or deep state as I am the loss of infrastructure. A prolonged loss of electricity would cause a cascading event that could cause as high as 75-90% of Americans being dead within 12 months. EVERYTHING in modern society requires electricity. Without it water/sewer treatment ends, refineries shut down. No fuel, no farmers, truckers, etc. You get the picture. Here’s a link to an article I read yesterday.

1 Like

@lonewolf
There’s a very enlightening book by Ted Koppel titled Lights Out; A Cyber Attack. It’s an in depth study of our power grid and what would happen if it was attacked/went down for a period of time and what it would take to get it back up
It is a very eye opening book.

2 Likes

@Texprep
That scares me BIG TIME… My wife got annoyed when our gas stove went out. She was carrying on that she did not want our landlady ‘donating’ her new electric oven in its place because she has never cooked on electric. I told her to get used to it. We are looking to move off grid and depend on solar power! If the SHTF, there will be no gas and much more… It is all in preparation for THE BIG MOMENT???

2 Likes

We are half s country away. Just being like the old boy scout motto. That is all.

2 Likes

@Texprep
I will have to look for it and do some more reading!

1 Like

@KM55,
That’s what I thought. From some of your other posts I kind of placed you possibly in the Florida panhandle. Agreed, “Be Preparred” was drilled into my head as a kid in scouts and “Semper Paratus”, “Always Ready” as a young adult in the Coast Guard. Even more than 35 years after getting out of the service and 45 years since leaving the scouting program, I live those mottos in my day to day life.

3 Likes

@KM55,
Looking at your books and since you’re in Florida, tell Thad, Jess, Morgan, and Sarge hello for me. LMAO.

3 Likes

@lonewolf,
Lights Out by Ted Koppel and One Second After by William R Forstchen are 2 very eye opening books. Lights Out is more a research type and One Second After is a fiction that could become very real in the event of a nation wide prolong power outage.

3 Likes

I will look into those two. thank you

2 Likes