What everyone does and what states are they from

@SnuffySmiff i was also born in downtown Atlanta. The area you live now is a beautiful place. I have taken many vacations there on the lake.

8 Likes

Spent time in Helen several times to ride the mountain twisties on my murdercycle. Beautiful area.

6 Likes

I really hate to say this but a rider met his end on the mountain a few miles north of Helen last Sunday. We were headed down to Emory to see Cathy and at the top of the mountain where the Appalachian trail crosses Hwy 76, a Life Flight chopper sat there in the parking area with the engine off. I figured it was a bad sign… About a mile or two down the other side, everything came to a stop. Two ambulances came back north as we sat there with only lights on and taking their time. After a little over an hour, I turned the car around and came back home. Haven’t found out any other info as of yet.

4 Likes

Very sad and unfortunately these days it happens too often.

3 Likes

I love that remark :+1:

5 Likes

I’m a gate guard for the state of Idaho. My job is to screen “COW’s” – Left wing Californians, Oregonians, and Washingtonians at one of our controlled entry points. It’s a tough job. The bastards are still sneaking in on kayaks , bicycles and on dirt roads driving Subaru’s. Some of them are actually walking but you can ID their Birkenstock tracks on the trails along with an occasional granola wrapper.

12 Likes

Actually, I do live in North Idaho and am a retired LEO/Firearms examiner/military. Currently am contracted to do wound ballistic workshops to PD’s, for a major ammo maker. Was planning to retire form that but may wait until the current administration leaves office so I can afford to retire.

11 Likes

@Taj, I think your job of screening “COW’s” is a much more important job. Had a good laugh from that one. The state of Texas may have a job opening for you if you ever decide to move this way.

6 Likes

Texprep,

Thanks Brother. If I actually am ever able to retire from my current position, I may rent myself out. I work pretty cheap. A hamburger and a beer a day will usually keep me going. They do give a bonus of a box of .45 ball for everyone one I catch. Texas folks are pretty good people. We let them in as long as they bring their own MRE’s and a belt fed. :smiley:

8 Likes

I like that place!!
Larry :innocent:

7 Likes

Born and raised in Ohio. Army dropped me off in Texas in 1991 and I stayed. Was a probation officer for 23 years and retired in 2020. Currently a martial arts instructor for the Chuck Norris Kickstart Kids Program at a local school district. Instruct 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.

14 Likes