M*CARBO Brotherhood

What case for s2K with MCarbo mount and red dot sight?

New S2K owner and to avoid uncomfortable cheek weld and neck crane am considering the MCarbo optic mount and a red dot sight. My concern is that when gun is folded and sight hangs on the side, what case works best for protection and carrying?

3 Likes

The Harbor Freight Apache Case is reasonably priced and deep enough for this. I would replace the top layer of pick and pluck foam with carefully cut Kaisen foam. Check the thread How do you carry your S2K

5 Likes

Thank you for the information. I will take a look at that.
Kind Regards

3 Likes

My case.

3 Likes

The wife’s case.

4 Likes

Woodbutcher,
Did you make those inserts for the case and if so what did you use…or do you have any of them for sale???

Tex

I made them. I’m a gun case maker by trade , usually for high-end shotguns.

I didn’t want these bugout cases to look like gun cases. I used high desity foam, cut to fit. (Pick and pluch is crap!)
The felt is 100% wool felt, hand sewn into each compartment. The liftout trays are both made from thin wood for strength and rigidity, fitted with foam and covered with felt top and bottom. I use 3M Super 77 to glue the felt in all my cases. I also use it to install trade labels in my shotgun cases. It’s the best there is, but very tenacious so position your pieces carefully. Once stuck there is no un-sticking.

Hope that helps,
WB

2 Likes