M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Binoculars Do You Use?

I use a pair of Bausch and Lomb 20x80 astronomical and a pair of Leupold 10x40. I also have a couple cheapie 10x50’s.
I also had a pair of Nikon lookout II"s that I really liked. I would like to have another pair.

3 Likes

I gotta agree with the Nikons, they have always been quality products for a reasonable price.

3 Likes

@jeffing65 I use a pair of Leupold 10x42 roof prism binoculars. The lens coatings are pretty good for viewing at late dusk and early dawn.

3 Likes

@Johnksg I would give the Nikon Lookout ll’s I had an a+
@Don68 My Leopold’s are porro-i.f. prisim. My Bosch and Lomb 20x80’s have great coatings being astronomical binos. You need to have them steady but they will see way out there.

3 Likes

@jeffing65 I use Nikon Monarch 5 M511 10X42 for most things. Never had any issues.

4 Likes

I’m actively shopping for an ATN BinoX HD. It is a day/night digital offering that does video and ranging.

3 Likes

@Dred day/night + the video and ranging would be sweet. Whats the damage for that I’m afraid to ask.??.

I find them hovering around $500 pretty easily. I’ll pull the trigger when I find one under $400 - I’ll be hunting hard come Veterans’ Day and on Black Friday if I’m still shopping.

Their are several offerings in my price range but none I’ve found with the full complement of features. I think it’s the only offering that will broadcast the view over wifi to my Tablet or Phone making it ideal to show folks what I’m looking at.

3 Likes

@Dred That’s not nearly as high as I was expecting. Any high quality optics will run 250-300 at a minimum to begin with. I haven’t had time to do a search and get a look at them yet.
I must admit that having WiFi , along with all the other features, is a mighty nice package.
With the WiFi you will also be able to record video and take still shots directly off the broadcast… At least you would on a laptop. My dell mini 10 would be perfect for that. I don’t know much about a tablet but I would think it is capable of doing that.

1 Like

I have their X-sight which uses the same systems. The wifi is awesome. I run their app which allows me to see the viewfinder as well as control the functions of the optic. It is a long way from ideal - I will always prefer good optical zoom to digital zoom - but it does what it promises to do and it is useful regardless of lighting conditions. Ideally, I see the BinoX as a complementary product to the X-sight. I can always use the ranging feature, but I rarely have the X-sight with me when I am shooting.

1 Like

Boom! Here ya go @Dred!!

3 Likes

@Boomchucker nice. free shipping and ships from U.S. gotta’ love that.

2 Likes

@Dred Optical zoom is preferable for sure but there is always going to be some compromise when it comes to items like this. Otherwise it would be in the 4 figure price range plus other issues like weight etc. As long as it lives up to what it claims for performance then that’s not so bad.

2 Likes

If it’s still on my watch list come Saturday - I’ll have one on the way. I can’t imagine finding a better price this year. Thanks @Boomchucker.

2 Likes

@Dred Here is a great app to compliment them for this years hunting season.

2 Likes

Time is relative … right???

Well, it’s been two weeks. My BinoX HD landed today. Wait till my GF finds out I wanna spend Saturday at the range sighting a bunch of rifles 'cause I just couldn’t leave the optics on the rifles they were sighted with. Then I’m gonna wanna spend the evening on a friends property to see what’s happening when the sun goes down. He has occasional hog activity, so maybe …

I lost my shot at the $385 price from Ebay, but … I scored them for $359 +tax from Quartermaster.

2 Likes

Yea, that listing ended and all this time I had it in my head it was YOU who bought’em. Good deal! Imagination is such a wonderful thing :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Dred I use to swap optics all the time to figure out what works best with what, I’m sure your girlfriend will understand you need to spend time with your firearms instead of her. :rofl:

3 Likes

@dave67
@Dred Its completely logical. lol And nice on the new binos.:+1:

3 Likes

I use Steiner safari 8X30 auto focus. Nice and compact with very good glass. Cost would be $225-$250, but won them in a raffle. Would never have considered that much for any optic that didn’t attach to a rifle, but glad I have them.

4 Likes