M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Are You Doing For Spring Break?

Wife, the dog, and I love to get out and camp. This is our home away from home. Spending the week along the Colorado river.

18 Likes

thunder and lightnin run to West Virginny!:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

12 Likes

Hopefully flying some R/C if the danged weather cooperates. I’ve acquired/built three new models over the winter that need their maiden flights!

13 Likes

@Texprep

Hopefully, going out to enjoy the beautiful change in season… I am not big on ‘cold and wet weather…’ My wife and I decided to GIVE BACK this year… We are ‘donating’ a few of our hours of our time to the local parks and estuary by volunteering in a ‘clean up’ effort. We thought that it would be something different and ‘selfless?’

11 Likes

Nothing (except yard work, defrosting the freezer, cleaning out the garage, etc.)

11 Likes

Oh yeah, all that crap, too. I always have massive “fall” clean-up in the spring because some of our trees don’t drop their leaves until well after the snow starts flying. And, I gotta “summerize” the snowblower, too, and hope the lawnmower starts up. LOL

10 Likes

Going camping in the mountains of Georgia. backpacking in and setting up using the hammock for shelter. Going with bare essentials along with a certain folding gun and a companion pistol. This time of year the bears are out and along with the 2 legged predators ( more of a problem then bears). Looking forward to the down time. I started a third job it’s part time so I need some relaxation.

11 Likes

Already mowing the lawn down here in Texas. Did that the day before we headed out. Not looking forward to mowing the grass this summer in 98* weather with 90% humidity.

12 Likes

That is the one bad thing about Texas-the humidity…

10 Likes

cut knee high grass today. 86 degrees in sc. all the rain weve had, the grass in the back was so high, i couldnt see the giraffes walking around…

11 Likes

Same here in Texas. At the beginning of winter they said it would be dry and warm. Ended up cooler and wetter. Should have started mowing a few weeks ago, but didn’t want to rut out the yard with the mower. Lots of rain, not big flooding rains, but steady wet.

10 Likes

Is this the type of thunder and lightning run we are talking about? Woodford Reserve, 7 up, and lime.

8 Likes

Time i do a turnaround, there and back, that might be a good way to knock the edge off and wind :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: down…

9 Likes

@wedge would love to see some pics and vids of your R/C

6 Likes

@Wedge you should revive that old thread about RC aircraft.

5 Likes

I thought it got nuked for being “off topic” back when certain people were worried about bandwidth issues. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My son gets his new centerfire rifle on the 22nd so I expect for spring break he and I will be spending a lot of time on the range.

He wants to be able to ring the 300 yard gong, and is old enough to learn how to read a scope, range a target, and make the MOA adjustments. :grin::+1:

6 Likes

Hitting the range with the wife and kids.

Other than that, working on the house. Something always needs fixing.

5 Likes

@KM55

I take it you’ll be camping on ‘the Trail’? If so, take care-the booger bears are definitely out and about and are mighty hungry! And of course. the two-legged one’s are always out! Gimme a holler if’n you should happen to need some backup-I live between the AT and Hiawassee. I’ll be out cutting grass also unless it continues to rain. And if the rain keeps up, I may have to start building me own Ark!

6 Likes

Visited our place in E Tenn with wife, daughters, and boyfriends. Middle daughter got engaged so some champagne was flowing… Early morning view from the back porch.

9 Likes