M*CARBO Brotherhood

What Are Some Good Items For Your First Aid Kit?

Whether it’s one for your car, the office, the woods, hunting, wilderness adventures, or straight out war… What are some of your must haves for a 1st aid kit?

2 Likes

@Pew_Ding I always keep a mylar blanket it is a must have for any survival situation.also a metal match always have it

4 Likes

Some stuff I keep in my IFAK are standard boo boo stuff.

To me must haves: a Israeli bandage, quick clot bandage and powder, chest seals, cpr micro mask, some asprin/Advil, latex gloves, cat torniquete, bandana. It may be overkill, but you never know what you may come across.

8 Likes

Of course the obvious. But i keep 1 of these in my bob, medical kit, and range bag as well
Hopefully will never have a use for it! I have no affiliation with the company. Chose whatever one you like, but if its not in your med kit, id highly recommend doing so. You just never know

5 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 of course, but be trained on how to use a torniquete. Can do more damage if improperly applied.

4 Likes

Very true. I should have mentioned that as well. As with anything, proper training is very important!

4 Likes

An Israeli compression bandage, tourniquet, sharpie marker, clotting agent, mylar blanket and sealed bottle of water.

That is my minimum kit.

I have a fully stocked emt/medic bag that I carry to shooting classes/matches and school field trips.

4 Likes

@Pew_Ding A tourniquet is high on the list.

4 Likes

A knife or scalpel, mirror, whistle, matches/lighter. If your alone a mirror is good for signaling as well as seeing wounds you cant see without it. I also keep a throw away camera to take pic of unknown snake or ? if bitten.

5 Likes

@Pew_Ding A must have for your First Aid Kit is the “knowledge” of how to use everything in your First Aid Kit properly. It’s scary to think that one can actually do more harm than good trying to help somebody.

5 Likes

I know how gracefull i am. skin stapler, skin affix, clotting sponges, sutures (both styles) =C.A.T. tourniquet gauze Koflex wrap ,chest seals, a good set of shears…leatherman or the like, keep a IFAK on my bag, have a big kit , bout the size of a ruck. think they call it a CCRK now,
www.narescue.com has some excellent setups.

4 Likes

Pain management, a pint of 101 is a good size for a med kit , and a few percocet don’t hurt anything