Weather - is Fun ! ❄️

Ive allways wanted to try ice fishing specially with a nice warm bottle of whiskey to keep the inards heated up. And fishing or hunting would probably be the only reason i would ever consider enduring a way north winter. And on the flip side i also dont want to stay where its 900 degrees all the time either. You know like them texans with there surface of the sun summers. We get some scorching 3 digit temp days here in NC here and there. And come winter we might see some minus 0 temps here and there but for most part it is pretty nice year round

4 Likes

@HandyDave
You can still enjoy a short lived ice fishing trip.
Freeze a 5 gallon bucket of water, drill a hole through it, hang it off the side of the noat, drop your line through it and wait. By the time you finish that bottle of whiskey the ice would probably be melted, but in a not shell, that’s ice fishing outside of the freezing temperature, but kind of close. LOL

7 Likes

Heres some fun with the current storm system. Its the best vid my nephew caught, but not the best representation of my driving unfortunately…

7 Likes

Grew up in the snow belt. We call that “driving”.

That’s how dad taught me to drive in the snow. Took me to an empty lot, got up to speed, and then he pulled the parking brake on me.

Good times! Looking forward to teaching my kids that way!

3 Likes

Looks fun!

6 Likes

Which snow belt? We have a region in NW Wisconsin that is referred to as the snow belt

3 Likes

Good point.

Northern Indiana where Michigan, Lake Michigan and Indiana meet. My parents house in particular was on one of the highest points in the county. The clouds would pick up water coming over the lake then dump it directly on our house.

They probably have two feet right now there. Its a weird tiny strip that gets a ton of snow.

3 Likes

@Stircrayzy
Been there, loads of fun for sure.
It’s always a good idea to fine tune your driving skills and your vehicle capabilities where a tow truck is only a phone call away and not out in the middle of nowhere out of cell service.

7 Likes

I’m blaming @DivaMarie for this. He gave us the snow a few weeks ago, so I’m assuming this is his fault too

5 Likes

Holy crap… that is very cold. I’m surprised as we haven’t had it that cold yet!
You get to plug your car in… Weather - is Fun!
When DivaMarie checks in we will find out how cold it is up in his neighborhood.

5 Likes

Extreme Cold Update.
Texas, we could use another warm front… Thanks,
Woke up to -22F this morning with a wind chill warning of -49F/
Coldest day of the year, one day after Groundhog Day, I’m guessing it’s going to be an early spring. BTW, we are getting quakes, due to the ground freezing, I hope it doesn’t freeze water lines like in other years.
And to make matters worse… Check this out!
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2023-02-02/canadian-groundhog-fred-la-marmotte-found-dead-before-groundhog-day#:~:text=Kids%20and%20adults%20cheerfully%20waited,late%20last%20year%20during%20hibernation.

3 Likes

FYI, I just came in from the back porch. It was a chilly 59 degrees F at 2:45 pm. Can I get some sympathy from you? :grinning:

@DirtSalior
Your basking in warmth 15C, are you kidding me, no empathy from the northern folks, sorry.
Cheers,

1 Like

I had to go 9 hours south, but it’s almost above freezing

4 Likes

Cameron, Missouri. I wish I could bottle these temps up and bring them back to Wisconsin

3 Likes

Pretty nice here today. Got out and washed 2 of my trucks and the wifes car.

3 Likes

I’m refreezing the kids ice skating rink. Truth be told it was frozen solid but not full when it froze so the ice was only about 1" thick in an area so I added an inch on top. It’ll be frozen solid by the time I’m done with dinner and they can skate tomorrow

1 Like

Sorry, but I am reporting you to Child Protective Services.

2 Likes

I’m a horrible father…

2 Likes

Just kidding. I’m all for toughening em up. What’s a broken bone here or there? Concussions are a different matter.

3 Likes