M*CARBO Brotherhood

Watch Where You Step! Snake Kills - Post A Pic

Came across this nasty SOB today at work, glad I seen him before he seen me. The Water Moccasin/Cottonmouth. This is exactly why we have snake days in the hunting club before we go stomping through the bushes. Glad I found him before he found me yikes!!!
Attach2379_20180918_183017 Attach2380_20180918_183017 Attach2381_20180918_183017

12 Likes

Wooooo! Good looking out brother. Very familiar with them. They have no problems getting in a boat with you or drop out of trees. Glad your alright!

6 Likes

@SwishaHouse, no doubt brother. I kill every one I put eyes on. Makes me feel like I am saving a future victim. A buddy from high school lost his 4 year old son to one of these devil’s. Nothing to play with

6 Likes

I want to see .410 holes in all snake kills from now on

6 Likes

@Matt If I wasn’t at work and in a customers yard I would have obliged, hahaha had to make the shovel work

4 Likes

This diamond back fell victim to the SKS last year right outside my dog pen my walker hound was going nuts knew something was up

8 Likes

I build decks in east TN I tell customers I’m armed and kill copperheads on sight. No mercy!

6 Likes

@Matt I am yet to see one of those hopefully I won’t. Just watch where you’re stepping boys.

4 Likes

Pigmy Rattler also killed last year. Easy to overlook these little bastards. Got one of my beagles on the snout but she pulled through. Looks bigger in the pic it was about the size of a softball when it was coiled.

7 Likes

Not deadly but I found this guy in my kitchen the other night.

5 Likes

@dave67 Oh no, not in the house. He had to go. He was drawing heat off the fridge or trying to lol

4 Likes

what is that? a racer or indigo snake?

6 Likes

@jeffing65 Correct, It’s a Black Racer or we just call a Black Snake.

6 Likes

Saw this guy today while bird hunting. It’s a bull snake, or technically a Great Basin Gopher snake. He’s not that big, maybe 3ft.
They are mortal enemies with rattle snakes and will kill them. I don’t kill snakes here unless it’s a rattler that’s around somewhere it shouldn’t be.
The cotton mouth is a very different story. Have had them drop from trees and swim out to our boat from the bank just to fight. Those we killed with extreme prejudice. 45 with shot shells…

5 Likes

@dave67 We have blue, red, and yellow racers here.
They are out in the deserts and very rarely seen. And even more rarely caught. I have seen all three colors and have tried to catch them with no success.

5 Likes

These pics show why the Mrs. carries a NAA mini revolver loaded with shot rounds when she works in the garden.

5 Likes

My wife nailed this guy with a head shot from her .22… the rattle was ten rattles long.

7 Likes

@Lefty3006 Western diamondback? 10 rattles and a button geez, The Eastern diamondback I killed looks to be a bit longer and only had 5 and a button

2 Likes

Besides a Shotgun round, which handgun snake shot round works the best and what distance ?.. What experiences has anyone had with this ? … With the round kill the snake or just PTO them ? …

1 Like

@Firedog I killed snakes with many different calibers to me it’s kinda whatever’s on hand. Or whatever is closest so he doesn’t get away. I hit one in the head with some .22 rat shot and all it did was piss him off

1 Like