Walther PPK/S Holster

Big shout out to @HandyDave today.
I reached out to him to see if he could clone a Galco Executive shoulder rig for my Walther PPK that Galco no longer makes.
He was up to the challenge and went above and beyond.
So here I present to you my new rig now known as the AV8R should you want one from Dave.
It’s bad to the bone, super comfortable and allows me to play out my inner James Bond :rofl:
Dave’s work is top notch and I love my new drink holder too!

15 Likes

Glad your happy with everything brother. It was deffently a fun build. The hardest part was figuring the curve of the shoulder harness parts. Heres a few build pics for anyone interested in seeing them.

11 Likes

That gun is definitely on my wishlist. So who knows, maybe I’ll be reaching out to @HandyDave for an @AV8R holster.

10 Likes

So let’s see how it hangs…a picture of the pistol in holster on your shoulder. I have tried a couple but the were never comfortable and always felt like it was going to fall off.

7 Likes

@AV8R Even better. A quick video. With you doing that draw… you know “the draw”… the one Alec Baldwin made famous. Forget what it’s called though. We’ll just refer to it as the “Elitist Murder Draw” for the sake of conversation.

6 Likes

That bond-esk shoulder rig is very lightweight and body conforming. The curved cut shoulder harness helps with that form fit. Then the heavy duty elastic webbing goes around behind neck and down right front to pants with a non damaging super tooth suspender clip. And a metal tri-glide adjustable slide on the elastic to snug it where it fits right. I dont know if this particular style rig would work as good on full size and bigger heavier pistols. But on the ppk and smaller pistols like it its very comfortable. Since it was a new design for me I wore it all day around the shop while working when i got it finished with my orignal walther pp holstered in it just give it a good shake down. I was very impressed and pretty much forgot i had it on at all.

9 Likes

I may want one for my SA35 especially for
driving.

6 Likes

@HandyDave Save your PPK design for my CZ70. It’s the only pistol I have that you haven’t made a holster for (yet). I really feel the shoulder rig is the answer for how and when I want to carry it.

7 Likes

Schpendid Moneypenny

4 Likes

@AV8R Everytime I read a post of yours I read it with a 007 accent. Oh, and… sorry about that whole 1776 thing. We all good now? :uk: :us:

5 Likes

It would depend on which Bond. Sean, my personal favorite, was Scottish, my accent is all London, I still have trouble understanding a Scot sometimes :kissing:

Well it all turned out for the best and as The Constitution draws inspiration from the Magna Carta, I feel right at home. :rofl:

7 Likes

To see Sean Connery in an unusual role (and singing) check out the Disney film “Darby O’Gill and the Little People”

4 Likes

I too own a PPK but due to its weight I have yet to find a comfortable way I like to carry it. It looks like Handy Daves shoulder rig might be the answer.

FJB

5 Likes

Carry mine either in my pocket or in a Crossbreed minituck holster. Being it’s a SA/DA pistol, i feel perfectly safe with it in my pocket with one in the chamber “decocked”.

4 Likes

It is great to see Old World Craftmanship still exists in this throw-away world. If my ol’ PPK/S was worthy of such fanciness, I would happily commission HandyDave to fashion one of his beauties for it! As it is, I would purely love to kick the arse of the former owner what took a grinder to it’s slide… :rage:

5 Likes