M*CARBO Brotherhood

Very Frustrated Working On My Sub2k

Sometimes I feel it is best to just walk away when I’m getting frustrated working on something and come back to it later. Then when I return it is much easier for some reason…

11 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. I appreciate them. I still get a blood pressure spike when I think about that damn spring… but I’m taking deep breaths.

I still have a love/hate relationship with the Sub2k. Not entirely because of the upgrade process - that is what it is.

9 Likes

Buddy brought me this Colt MKIV to strip & polish a few parts. Was probably the most difficult I’ve dealt with to date and couldnt find any good detailed videos to go off of but with a little patience I finally got her all back together and looking good.

IMG_56421

10 Likes

^^ What he said! That’s why MCarbo has taken so much of our money!! It WILL be a better weapon, once you get it back together. The complexity of reassembly is why I’ve held off on three other mods on our S2K until the optic mount is in the house. I only want to take the thing apart once.

The hardest part for me is getting that damned hammer cocked back so the bolt will go in.

And, as others have said, wrap the thing in a towel, or better, a big plastic bag while working on the thing to help contain the springy bits.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

5 Likes

@ Foldedcarbine Gene have you read the threads mentioned above ?

thise threads are almost a year old now nd hed lots of brother’s knowledge combined.

Locking the hammer back is easy.
Once sear is in and spring is lock between pin and grip half use the rod to enter from breach end of bolt tube and press hammer into locked position.

6 Likes

Tom1212, have ypou taken the time to read the threads mentioned above ?

6 Likes

Yes, I did. No offense, but they didn’t change my opinion of the firearm.

One question: the “Mars Re-entry” method is mentioned several times, but no one says what it is, and I can’t find a thread on it. Do you know where it is described?

5 Likes

@Tom2112 Use the search icon and type in Mars Re-entry device. @Turmeric1 explains it very well.

4 Likes

im and idiot AND a moron and i was able to have success. the installation videos are prerequisite.

7 Likes

I was merely replying to Tom’s post and frustration. I DO know how to cock the hammer back when putting the rifle back together, and have the dowel to prove it. I simply commented that it is the most difficult step to the assembly process for me. Thank you.

Regards,

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

4 Likes

Alternative Method Of SAFETY PIN Removal And Installation

read and learn

4 Likes

DO a forum word search for MARS REENTRY DEVICE it will take to the thread

image001.jpg

3 Likes

Texprep, I have taken an old plastic ammo can tray and lined it with magnetic take and lay a parts assembly on top of it so it will catch flying springs if they go downward. It helps, not perfect but any improvement is an improvement.

3 Likes

Does Mcarbo do parts installations now?

3 Likes

@Jimmy2Sticks Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody

3 Likes

Pretty easy then.It really is.From the second time forward. I just like to tinker. I have been past just shooting it. nice to .40 blow things UP… tTat is why I thought I would help by doing work for NASA.

2 Likes

My mcarbo sear spring is somewhere in orbit. It shot off like a rocket and into the nights sky, saw a little glint as it exited earths atmosphere. I have probably broken down my sub about 10 times now and it’s not that hard anymore.

5 Likes

It is always a pleasure when you can enjoy containing the Springy bits :beer::football:

I do not think I could hold my breath for long enough to put i together. Damn some covert plan to rid the population of gun loving folk. Make them wear a plastic bag!!!
I would rather enjoy a trip to the moon or Mars.

3 Likes

Damn I finally had the time to take my sub back apart so I could get that loctite screw out and put it all back together again

4 Likes

Alright I guess I got it all right just went and ran 300 rounds of steel through it and ran flawless except for the steel lol

6 Likes