M*CARBO Brotherhood

Vermin Destruction

Without a doubt. And it was probable like shooting a .22 WMR.
I killed everything I shot at back in the’80’s with 6mm Remington .58ga Hornady HPBT@ 3600fps going out a Ruger M77V. out to 400yds.All head shots . Kept meat on the table for a lot of WVa. boys. At the time I lived in the middle of 2,000 acres of West Vaco Pulp&Paper land.

Wistle pigs were fun too. Hit one in the breast one day at about 200 and kicked him in the ait about 8 feet and backwards about 15.
I wish I had my reloading stuff set up. The ammo today @95gr is just not anywhere as good.

4 Likes

Back 1980 I was living in the middle of nowhere. Nearest neighbor was 2+miles away.
When i moved there I inherited a stray cat. in 3 years that cat turned into 7 cats. The population remained stable at that number. Now these were not pets. I never touched them and they liked it like that. I would put feed out for them every couple days and they ate it.
One night while I was in home i heard the most GOD AWFUL fray cuss in the front yard. I guess unsuspecting Possum though it was going to have supper from a bowl and the cats did not like that idea.Well I looked out the window and saw this possum. Being friends with the cats (best mouse traps in the world) i decided to blow the possum back to where it had come from.
Chamber a 6mm round,cranked the scope down to its lowest setting(leupold varix-III 3.5x10) opened the door found the possum in the cross hairs. Well at least I thought I putt the possum in the cross hairs,(it was about 15yds away), it was a blur and did some trigger work.
Stood there for a moment and the critter did not move. I thought well maybe it was just sooo scared it did not know what to do or it was stunned but it was still in the same spot NO MOVEMENT !
I figured that I must have missed because it was still in one piece. Otherwise the 1,600 ft lb. of energy would have turned it to plasma. NO, there it was, maybe just deft now.
I waited a few moments chambered another round and walked over to it. No movement. I nudged it with the muzzle, NO movement. Using the muzzle I turned it over. It’s claws where firmly attached to TERRA FIRMI.ripping grass out of ground. I poked a couple times and NO MOVEMENT.
So deciding this was not a movie i figured it was ok to reach for it. I went inside and donned a pair of gloves.
Going out i examined it for and exit wound. No exit wound. I examined for the little spot of blood for and entrance wound( i shot face on). no entrance wound. I cautiously picked it up by the tail it was sponge like.
Upon closer examination it had a chipped tooth.
The skull was completely intact.I figurethe bullet went down is spine and liqufied it’s inners. Never exited.
I used for buzzard bait about 150yds out.

Same gun I killed deer with 400yds AWAY.

6 Likes

urban dwelling coyote
.25 Armada. At 50yds this thing shoots nickels.

I live north of Columbus,ohio
In my back yard is a large metro park (1200+ acre) that is bordered by the Olentangy River. The Olentangy is a Scenic River. Lots of wlidlife. My avatar is an eagle flying within 400yds from my back door.

MAIL MAN that means yes the KT420 is here.-

8 Likes

This reminded me of my 1st bad experience with a compound bow. I was 6 years old and had no ‘father figure’ around. I receive a ‘gift’ from my aunt. I was given no safety advice. I caught a bullfrog and tied it to the fence. With bow in hand, I drew an arrow back, my finger slipped off from positioning the arrow and I managed to release it while aiming it at my foot. Come on, you know, it is one of those DUMB THINGS that one accomplishes to do as a child but can NEVER manage an explanation to this day?

7 Likes

@lonewolf funny you say that was at the beach fishing with a mate we weren’t catching any fish so went for a walk with a rifle to shoot a rabbit for dinner my mate rested a norinco .22 (brno copy) on his foot next thing bang he shot his toe off.

We went to the hospital and the doctor called the police as he thought it was an assault of some kind we then had to explain it was from sheer stupidity that it had happened I had forgotten all about it until now cheers for that mate

7 Likes

I guess you learned from you mates stupidity ?

5 Likes

We all do, if we are fortunate to listen?

4 Likes

@lonewolf I don’t know about that, I seem to have an infinite capacity for doing stupid stuff. (Been married 3 times!)

5 Likes

twice for me and this time a ‘permanent partnership?’ Woman seem to manipulate the rules??? Big smiles.

3 Likes

@lonewolf yeah I guess third time the charm for me! I finally found a woman whom I am completely compatible with…in four years we have never had a single argument.

4 Likes

We only squabble over $. But, it never goes beyond that. It has been almost 6 yrs for us!

2 Likes

@lonewolf congrats! :+1:

Back when I was a kid I hunted the same farm fields year long. It started with shooting ground squirrels in exchange for free .22 ammo. Then as I got older it morphed into coyote for the bounty $$.

I actually used to varmint hunt early in the morning and then catch the school bus with my rifle and “bounty tails” and the bus driver would just smile when I had a good haul.

I also hunted deer, antelope, goose, and pheasant all from the same fields!

…sigh, fond memories of Northern California back in the good old days.

8 Likes

@Turmeric I didn’t need to learn I have all my toes spent 11 years in infantry never had unauthorised discharge of firearm

5 Likes

Have you seen the U Tube Video of Hog’s Do Fly ? Via Tannerite! Pretty Strange Hunting, But I guess they Screw up a lot of Country’:thinking:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen that but a mess of about 15-20 :pig2: go through a garden, yard, hunting club, or what have you and root it up at night the next morning it looks like a damn plow went through it. I’ll go look it up

3 Likes

You’ll Love It I Did Classic Humor! on the part of the Land Owner.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@DivaMarie BTW post a pic of your new hand gaurd when you get it installed. Hopefully the sled dogs will get to you soon :rofl: :dog2::sled:

4 Likes

Will do ! but now I guess I have to Figure out the Rail System’ and back to the Mount Game of What to use, and if I have change the Front Site to Co Witness with Fast Fire 3 ETC ETC.

3 Likes

Hi hadn’t but I have now lol

2 Likes

**Thats a nice fur coat there.

1 Like