M*CARBO Brotherhood

Vermin Destruction

What is your favorite pest to destroy. Mine is foxes they are everywhere on the farm atmfox-and-cat-cull
Last night’s tally

18 Likes

Will be going out again tonight. Saturday we are going on a kangaroo and emu cull they are always good fun

5 Likes

i only shoot what i can eat bit then i dont own a farm

4 Likes

never ate kangeroo or emu could you vacum pack some and post to me

3 Likes

Looks like a nice fur coat. What gun do use?

3 Likes

The :fox_face: in my area are good at staying hidden hardly ever see them. That’s cool though. Are they after your animals?

3 Likes

When I lived down south it was peccaries and hogs, back home in the Pacific Northwest it is chucks and coyote. Occasionally a black bear if I have tags or if in the apple trees or chicken coop…then it is a nuisance kill.

4 Likes

@Johnksg we have alot of coyotes and alot of hogs. I have trapped many many pigs sometimes 7 at a time. It’s a big trap can be challenging getting them out 1 at a time and tied up but well worth it in the end

4 Likes

I would if I could a condition of a destruction permit is where they drop they stay. Emu is way overrated tastes like crap roo is good eating as long as its cooked right it’s very lean but like deer

3 Likes

They were shot with a Winchester model 70 .222, bedded and floated with mcarbo trigger spring

5 Likes

I have a late lambing and they are coming out of the Bush as we are in drought they are coming in for food and water and finding a slug instead

4 Likes

@Flogrown why I don’t miss the feral hogs I do miss the night shoots!

Now that is some quality rifle practice!

4 Likes

Not as good as previous night but still a good night outimages%20(5)

7 Likes

how much are hides worth ?

2 Likes

@Turmeric they used to be around $10 now you get around $3 they are hardly worth skinning these days what are they worth in usa

3 Likes

@Craig75 $3 a hide and you have to skin it? For $3 a hide I would say to the buyer “there they are hanging on the fence, have at it”. US Northern Red Fox anywhere from $1 to $25 depending on quality of fur on one site I found. Southern Red Fox is less.

4 Likes

@dave67 that’s why they are hanging on the fence it’s not worth skinning them anymore. It’s a shame to waste them my grandfather taught me how to skin and prepare the hides I have taught my kids a skill that they will probably never use unless shit hits the fan and they need to make there own warm clothes.

5 Likes

No idea now it has been 1978 since I last had anything to do with fox.

1 Like

That is a little barn burner ! No recoil to speak of . With good power at range !!

I have a model 70 in 22-250 another barn burner extreme accuracy easy to achieve with hand loads . Even manufactured ammo it is easy to hit what you aim at out to 400yds.(on a calm day)
Model 70XTR Vortex Viper PST4x18 illuminated FFP

7 Likes

@Turmeric A friend of mine shoots 220 Swift, 40gr. at over 4,000fps. Talk about a barn burner.:fire:

7 Likes