M*CARBO Brotherhood

Vendor issues?/Scams?

I just got an email from them today and they’re gouging too. .45 ACP for 90¢/rd, .22LR for 22¢/rd, 9mm Winchester white box for 90¢/rd,… you get the idea.

7 Likes

I just saw that too @phuzzy42. Prices are gonna be atmospheric for a long time . . .I should have invested in far more than I did last year. And primers? I shoulda bought a hundred thousand when I had the chance :frowning:

5 Likes

Thanks for the link @Whitehammer. I’ll keep checking but tonight they were sky-high on what little ammo they did have in stock (and they didn’t appear to have much that I use). I mean really, very “inexpensive” (AKA low quality) 22LR for 19 cents a round? I don’t think so :frowning:

6 Likes

some good and bad vendor issues (not the fault of the vendor, tho)

“Bad news is barrel production is booked in these crazy times and won’t see next batches til year end. Good news is batch of bolts is due in a couple weeks.”

This was an email response from SixFive Arms as to when they might have some 6.5G bolts and barrels in stock. Being specialized to 6.5 Grendel and 6mmARC I kinda understand why their stuff will be pushed towards the back of the line behind the more popular calibers. It is what it is, I reckon…

6 Likes

What a horrible statement. Who would shop at Cheaper Than Dirt after making that sort of comment.

12 Likes

We have our priorities straight here. Gun shops and shooting ranges were classified as essential businesses too.

9 Likes

That’s why the state took them to court for price gouging. Anyone hear of the outcome?

9 Likes

An add just showed up online for Owl Shit Gun Grease. Price is a about $14 a small jar. Has anyone heard of this product? If you were to believe everything they say it does, it sounds pretty good. I’ve heard about Duck Butter but not Owl Shit.

7 Likes
  • Lubricates and Protects Your Gun

• Smooth Tacky Consistency Stays Where You Put it

• Doesn’t Degrade Over Time

• ​Long Lasting All-Weather Lubrication

• ​Moving Parts Run Smoother and Cooler

• ​Broad-Range Extreme Temperature Performance

• ​Bonds To Metals - Smooths and Protects

Contact Info: support@patriotsheepdog.com
Phone: 318-202-0909

Call them.
Larry

6 Likes

This is 5 months old… the only update I could find on Texas vs. Cheaper Than Dirt. Commie bastards…

"TEXAS VS. CHEAPER THAN DIRT

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has accused the Fort Worth-based website Cheaper Than Dirt, which primarily sells firearms, ammunition and hunting gear, of price gouging at the start of the pandemic.

The AG’s office identified over 4,000 sales that involved price gouging and has directed Cheaper Than Dirt to pay $402,786 in refunds to consumers, according to court documents filed this month.

Over 100 people have complained to the AG’s office about Cheaper Than Dirt, [the Houston Chronicle reported earlier this year]"

Credit - HERSCHEL SMITH

Anyone got anything newer? As I understand the case probably has a new name by now. Not using “Cheaper Than Dirt”… but perhaps their holding company(?).

9 Likes

Speaking of owl shit-I ran across this yesterday. They seem rather proud of it along with most everything else they carry. Some interesting AR parts here but it’s all either really expensive or out of stock

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Snake-Oil_p_165.html

8 Likes

Gotta like their disclaimer though…

“Snake Oil is a firearms lubricant, use only as directed. Do not lube your pet snake, snakes don’t need or want to be lubed.”

11 Likes

yet more high dollar wonder shit-I mean lube:

7 Likes

I’ve had a 1000 rounds of 9mm at $0.40/round on back-order with Optics Planet since November. They claim they will honor that price whenever they get around to shipping. Every time I check the status the delivery date is three months’ out. I notice they are now offering the same ammo for $0.70/round. What do you bet that, if I place an order at that price, the ammo would be here in less than a week?

11 Likes

How much you got? Ax’n for a friend. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Not enough . . . That’s why I ordered 1K rounds back in Nov. :grinning:

9 Likes

I’ve had my order in at OP since September at 32¢/rd with free shipping. I’m sure they won’t ship it until market price is 30¢/rd or less. If it never gets that low again the shipping date will always be 3 months out.

10 Likes

I dunno, “Smooth Tacky Consistency Stays Where You Put it” sounds like a dirt and sand magnet to me. I personally don’t use grease or it’s kin in any form on guns that are working in the field because of experience with grease gumming the works because of all the dirt that stuck to it.

I’d be interested in hearing from vets who served in the desert about how they cleaned and lubricated their weapons. I doubt they used grease in small arms. Or large arms for that matter. And forget about short arms :wink:

9 Likes

@gmartin2000 I’m no expert but I don’t understand the use of grease for the same reason stated by gmartin2000

8 Likes

I agree. The only use I can see for grease is as “gun glue”, as Chris describes it, to hold little parts in place for assembly. For anything else you might as well slather Vaseline all over the place. I use fast-drying WD-40 silicone spray or even graphite for conditions such as in blowing sand.

4 Likes