M*CARBO Brotherhood

USPS delivery is terrible

The meds aren’t the point. The USPS extremely poor service is the point. Give us more credit for thinking ahead, way ahead when it comes to meds.

3 Likes

Exactly. I’ve never been allowed to screw up that bad in my job.

4 Likes

Dont think im making excuses for poor performance, USPS has major problems to get right.
Trust me, I know mail order meds are challenging, and wasnt trying to minimize that. :innocent: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I used to live in the tiny little ‘town’ of Knoxville, GA. Nothing much there but a really old courthouse, a newer POS courthouse, the Sheriff’s dept. and the tiny county jail. The town butts up to the slightly larger town of Roberta which has a couple gas stations, a bank, hardware store, and a restaurant or two. Care to guess where nearly every one of my FedEx packages went to first? Yup, Knoxville TN. Didn’t matter if the sender used GA or Georgia on the shipping label-not to mention a totally different zip code-it usually went to Tennessee first! I finally stopped buying stuff from any merchant that used FedEx…
Now as to USPS-we live exactly 90 miles-as the crow flies-from the wife’s sister, who lives about 25 miles west of Atlanta. On December 22, her sister mailed us a package . Yeah, I know-right before Christmas. It was sent to New York state-TWICE!!! Took over 3 weeks to get it and not one explanation as to why…

5 Likes

Fedex [International] gets best in show here. Package arrived unscathed from afar. Only three (3) freakin’ days from Athens, Greece to East TN…

New LPs in pristine condition :sunglasses:

Shipping was only $16.36. :boom:

6 Likes

Here’s a good one!
USPS from south Florida to Tennessee …via Kansas!!! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

That seems to be the new normal for the “USPS” now days. Send any package, mail or items in as many directions as possible so the person that paid for the cost of whatever shipping won’t get it in the time they paid for.
I remember that a long, long time ago they had a motto, "“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds”. I shouldn’t live in the past.

6 Likes

I finally got a letter from California that took 15 days to get here in S. Carolina. It was mailed on Feb. 16th.

8 Likes

found out the problem with the VA package, I got the second one. in about 15 days.
the first one, seems the dimwits at VA sent it to my original home of record.IN 1971. that i listed on My first enlistment paperwork.
House hasnt been there since 91. barn is on that piece of dirt, and a mailbox by the overgrown dirt road.had a cousin verify. they was a shiny new package from VA and a 1991 JC whitney catalog in the mail box… thing about Bat Cave NC, a address never expires…

8 Likes

Ive been having the worst luck with usps here in NC. Once packages get to main hub here in greensboro they stay there for way to long. I just had a package that was coming from Nevada and should have been around a 4 day trip. Now we had some bad weather across the country that messed up alot of mail and of course everything is blamed on covid these days even if it just someone not doing there job they blame covid. Anyway package left Nevada in one business day and that was all tracking info i got. Allmost 2 weeks later no tracking updates or anything. I emailed usps with urgent pissed off message and miraculously the next morning my tracking info was updated and package showed up the following day. Thats not covids fault thats a problem with usps and someobody somewhere has to make some changes in the whole postal service.

1 Like

Not USPS, but FedEx. Man Bloomington hub sucks nuts! I’ve got 3 powder orders going through there. The first one was held up there for a week! I’m sweating bullets here! As of now it’s been 3 weeks in transit and I’m getting irritated!

4 Likes

Looks like Murphy and the USPS have conspired against me as payback for my last post calling them out. :cry:
My red dot sights got from California to Knoxville, TN… guess where they are this morning? Back in Califuckinfornia!! :rage:

Conflicting info in the tracking has my address as “expected delivery” today, but a call to the local PO revealed they never received the package.

3 Likes

You got me beat, a birthday card was 17 days from S. Carolina to Penna. ! Courtesy of the USPS, Pony express was faster.

3 Likes

Longest for me was 3 weeks from Arizona to Iowa.
I can understand a slight delay as more people are ordering things and not going out to buy them. People I know in fed ex says it has been like peak ( Christmas time) for the entire year.
But the post office was not running at a good performance level before all this. This is just proving it.

2 Likes

It ain’t just the [_____] post office… advertised 2 day shipping from Target.

:neutral_face: Was in Middle TN briefly but needed to go to New York before going to East TN.

2 Likes

Bought a ticket once from a former discount airline. Was only $30 from Miami to Orlando. Had a 2 hour layover in New York though. Not joking. Wished I had a parachute and I would have gone all “D.B. Cooper” on them.

3 Likes

USPS is horrid. Here is my uh box of gauges. Must have been left out in the rain somewhere. Was dripping wet and in a plastic baggie. Luckily the gauges were in sealed baggies.

7 Likes

Just keeping y’all ip to date on this continuing loop

Two weeks on a three day priority mail package. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Three times at the Cali distribution center.

5 Likes

My experience has been different. During Covid UPS and FedX slowed way down, I got good service for less from USPS. MCARBO shipments have never been late using USPS. Regardless, MCARBO is a like us all, just a part of the process, limited influence upon shipping. They are just trying to keep the net cost down, thanks.

4 Likes

@catfood, what did you do to piss off your UPSP driver? LOL

4 Likes