M*CARBO Brotherhood

USPS delivery is terrible

I wonder if the Fedex slowness you all report is at specific hubs. In my area, if they say by the end of the day Monday, it’s there by the end of the day Monday. I deal a lot with HP Support - they ship parts to me to repair computers. Most of the time those parts arrive the next day - it’s very rare to take longer. Half the time it’s by Fedex and half by UPS. These parts are from all over the place, not local (within 250 miles). There’s gotta be a pattern of choke points.

USPS on the other hand… you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Yeah, I know, most are probably good people, but there seems to be a high percentage of people who have ‘less than stellar’ performance goals. If an eBay listing says ‘free shipping’, well, you get what you pay for.

4 Likes

I hear ya, foul weather definitely doesn’t help…late last week my boss flew out to Arkansas to visit a daughter and return flights were canceled…finally had to rent a car to get back Tuesday night…long drive to east TN.

3 Likes

I have only had problems with Fed Ex being late twice. Pretty sure it’s the weather this time.

3 Likes

I had no issues until the covid vaccine started to ship and now th weather. I am sure delivery times will get back to normal as weather clears

3 Likes

its a sign of the apocalypse it is. something is horribly wrong. I ordered a Noreen upper from AIM Thursday. late .tracking says out for delivery. now its got me thinking. but where…

3 Likes

Me’ No Speak English’ Me Sorry’ it said (1006 Happy Lane Rd)
Opp’s Wrong State! I’m a Idiot !

5 Likes

its a Christmas miracle it is. upper has landed. undamaged , in the allotted time-frame… assembling as we speak…

6 Likes

My package was shipped on the 15th and it’s still sitting in Tulsa. :rage:

6 Likes

At least you know where yours is !
I have 1 order last reported in Anaheim on the 16th.
Current status, is “Late : in transit to the next facility.”

6 Likes

Today is the 10th day for my “Priority Mail” tracking. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Buck You Must have gotten a good dog team that understood The word Gee’ Unlike the One I got for the Early Edition of the New M*Carbo Trigger Bar years Ago’ :rofl:

4 Likes

think they put a gator in tha sled, them dogs mushed in a straights line all the way to summerville, and da runners were slap worn off!!! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

My package saga continues. The latest SNAFU can’t be blamed on the weather.
Knoxville is a main distribution hub sending mail to upper East TN.
Kingston is just another podunk town but west of Knoxville. It appears somebody in Kingston looked at a map. :sweat_smile:

Oh well, at least my package is in the vicinity now.

6 Likes

Even my Amazon Prime orders are a seven day delivery for some reason. No same day, next day, or three day shipping now.

6 Likes

It seems that any delivery service is not in a time line that is listed by UPS, FedEx, DHL or USPS. The weather and ccp virus doesn’t have much to do with it. So what is causing the delays? There is an Amazon Distribution Center right here in Nampa, ID, a very large one, and yet orders go to Salt Lake City, UT from here then back again. Computer glitch, maybe. Personnel problems, maybe. I know there must be a reasonable explanation just not sure what it could be.

4 Likes

Hmmm, seems more prevalent after Jan. 20.

7 Likes

Yes indeed, I completely agree.

4 Likes

I’ve got two orders out there somewhere. I called about one yesterday and the kid at the post office said he would check some other tracking numbers out of the same place and none show where they are, just that they are late.
I think after being 2 weeks late, the post office should do something. What if it were meds or something??

3 Likes

My friend they really don’t care what kind of package, letter or express mail it is. It took my meds from the Boise, ID VA 2 weeks to get to my house in Meridian, ID…that’s 6.4 miles. Where they went once picked up at the VA I can only imagine. I was doing it that way to see how long it would take. Now I know to just go to the pharmacy window in person. USPS response was, “it is not our problem”.

4 Likes

If youre ordering meds through the mail and cant afford a week or two delay, thats poor planning. Last May (ish) many insurance companies extended the window (sooner) for mail renewals of maintenance medications, and increased the supplied amounts by at least 30 days.

2 Likes