M*CARBO Brotherhood

USPS delivery is terrible

I love your products and your service as a vendor,but I’m suprised that you ship USPS. They are terrible and frequently do not deliver on time and use all kinds of excuses for why pkg is delayed or lost.
I dont see why you would let your high quality companies reputation be undermined by USPS incompetence.
Thank You

9 Likes

I pay the extra from everyplace I can to have it shipped FedEx or UPS.

My USPS rant… I bought a bunch of mags from Classic Firearms in NC and they apparently ship USPS. They shipped on Dec 9th and arrived at Charolette NC hub on the 9th and departed on the 10th. I was thinking “Great, I live in Cleveland OH about 7 hours north on 77”. I checked the status a few days later and it said the package arrived in Detroit on the 10th. Come on USPS, you damn near had to go through Cleveland from 77 to get to Detroit on the Ohio Turnpike (I-80). Never once in my many trips to see my son play college ball in SC did I ever detour through Detroit either on my was down the SC or on my way home. Oh I just got a couple Christmas cards in the mail yesterday postmarked Dec 4th.

10 Likes

My 82 year old Mom went to the Post Office and asked the worker why is the mail so “F” up? The reply she got was “if an employee thinks they have been around someone with COVID then they are to stay at home for two weeks with pay”…need I say more.

6 Likes

They are a government agency and cannot just hire temps like FedEx and UPS can.

5 Likes

Actually the USPS is semi-independent non-profit black hole.
“Until the adoption of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, the U.S. Postal Service functioned as a regular, tax-supported, agency of the federal government . According to the laws under which it now operates, the U.S. Postal Service is a semi-independent federal agency , mandated to be revenue-neutral.”
As previously stated it is a wasteland of excesses and low paid temps.
I pay for UPS only. FedEx is just as bad as the post office.

9 Likes

My Glock parts are currently on tour! It took them 3 weeks to get to where they were sent from (St. Louis MO). Now they are “in transit to next facility” again. :crazy_face::joy:

3 Likes

I am the original poster. USPS says expected delivery 1/21.After waiting weeks for backordered part why wasnt it shipped in a couple of days??It was shipped on the 14th. Midway would have had it here in 2-3 days.
I would gladly have paid a few dollars more if you had only given me the option before you shipped with the worthless USPS.
Very disappointing.

4 Likes

The truly unfortunate part to this that it not only effects those of us that purchase items, but the businesses as well. My last MCARBO purchase for my Kahr PM9 I paid for UPS shipping which worked great when the item was shipped except for the part where UPS handed my package off to the USPS at Boise, ID, I live in Meridian, ID 6.4 miles west. When I was able to track the package it had been shipped to Salt Lake City, UT USPS facility. I did finally get the package 10 days later after paying for 3 day UPS shipping. So as much as I want to support Veteran owned and operated businesses paying for a shipping service which is out of there direct control and then not receiving the item for 10, 15, or more days just doesn’t make common sense anymore. I shop as much I as can locally and if it isn’t here then I don’t need it that bad. I do understand the ccp virus scare thing and how that effects the world. Got it, done with it, for now anyway.

2 Likes

@KLE .It seems too me that you are right on about that handoff. For me I want it shipped UPS Ground(no handoff to USPS) ,or Fedx.Midway and several other places I buy from send me my orders and they arrive to my front door in 2-5 days from the moment I order

1 Like

I use Midway as well. Same problem. Maybe it has something to do with living in Idaho(?).
Shipping routes or something. I would have better luck with pony express or sled dogs even in the summer. I currently have an overnight order that physically shipped on the 28th from Phoenix, AR that I won’t get until Monday, Feb 1. Go figure. Not paying for it anymore.

1 Like

@KLE Got it. That sure is a loooong overnight.It’s always annoying for me to have to wait extra days when I paid for it to arrive earlier.When I decide to buy something I want it now.No patience

1 Like

Yes, indeed, no patience. I at least like to get whatever I order within a day or so allowing for the unforeseen events.

You can always contact where ever you buy stuff from to request for a shipping refund, if you paid for a specific type of service. I do it all the time, with a 95% success rate lol. So far the worst are USPS and FedEx, the damn fedex Bloomington CA hub is notorious for stealing firearm stuff.

But it seems any shipping is insane cost wise now, all of three USPS, ups, FedEx. Don’t know why.

6 Likes

I’ve had good luck with Fedex, must be specific to some hubs. UPS is okay, USPS lose stuff all the time, or say it was delivered except it wasn’t to me. Notorious for packages being “accidentally” torn and items “missing” - “musta got stuck in the machinery, nuttin’ we can do about it.”

5 Likes

Whenever I see a vendor has shipped my order with USPS,I just simply add two extra weeks to the delivery time…been working out pretty well; sadly. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Seems the USPS has laid off the ones hired for the election [fraud] process. Priority (3 day) mail delivery is in limbo since the 12th. :hole:
On another note, gotta luv Fedex’s wishful thinking/positive enthusiasm. Sheduled delivery in TN tomorrow but tracking shows package is still in Minnesota. :sweat_smile:

Maybe teleporting is now available… :flying_saucer:

5 Likes

Yup. I’ve got parts that were supposed to be here Wednesday. So going on 3 days late. But it’s from everywhere not just one location.

1 Like

I’ve got a FedEx package that took 4 days to get picked up in Fort Smith AR, finally got sent to Tulsa, OK and has been sitting there for 2 days with a shipment exception and no pending delivery date to South Carolina.

This weather has screwed up delivery service big time. Been waiting since the 12th for a letter from California.

4 Likes

20210220_141830

5 Likes

i been waiting on a package, from the VA in Atlanta that was sent out 36 days ago. USPS priority mail. to south Carolina.they coulda stapled it to the back of a wandering armadillo, and it woulda made it here by now.

11 Likes