M*CARBO Brotherhood

USMC M18 - Review and Range Test

Here’s one for all my fellow Jar Heads out there (and anyone else who’s interested!)

Howard

11 Likes

I believe the end of the recoil spring assembly was changed to eliminate some reassembly issues with the earlier guns. I had a P320 with a number of grip modules, barrels, slides and recoil springs about a year ago. With at at least one of those recoil springs, when reassembling after cleaning/servicing the round end plate of the recoil spring would sometimes catch on the forward edge of the FCU chassis, forcing the recoil spring through the front of the slide. While it was possible (though mildly difficult) to completely reassemble the gun this way, doing so would render the firearm non-functional.

I think the reduced width dimension of that end plate is meant to eliminate the issue, provided it is oriented correctly. I believe the initial fix was to cut flats on either side of the end plate (I had at least one spring assembly like this), for some reason they must have felt the elliptical end design was a better solution.

4 Likes

Three things Howard…

1. Thank you for the review!

2. BDU or ACU? Where can I get those?

3. Does your wife have a single sister?

Keep posting!!! :+1::us:

1 Like

@hrfunk One point…

I like to tear down and assemble my firearms in the dark or behind my back. I really DO NOT like the fact that the recoil assembly spring is oval. Kinda nitpicky I know… the rest of the firearm is A+.

3 Likes
  1. You are most welcome

2. BDU - I think I got these from Amazon. They are not actual Marine Corps issue, but the camo pattern is correct (or at least close enough)

3. Yes, BUT I don’t think she would ever buy you a gun.

Howard

3 Likes

@hrfunk Howard I need help. I am kinda a “Fudd” when it comes to being “Tachticool”… any advise? Perhaps make a video?

1 Like

Ha, ha! I’m here to help!

Howard

10 Likes

Great video! Frozen for 24 years under a rain deer pasture….pure gold!!

5 Likes

Check out his weight loss video.

3 Likes

Howard…
I had to stop when you said striker fired :wink: Being such a DA/SA guy. :blush:
Incidentally Happy Birthday!

As a former Marine I have always enjoyed your shows. :+1:

And I’m a big time sig owner when it comes to the AR pistol types like my 556 , the 400, and my 9mm MPX.

But I think the Marine Corp should have split the decision on the Beretta and Sig. Maybe even another manufacturing company as well.

Not change everything at once to the same handgun.

Being old and carrying the Beretta as a officer it’s probably just me. :pleading_face:

But I am so hunting the M9A3.

Continue your great videos. :+1:
Larry

5 Likes

Thanks Larry. Will do!

Semper Fi!

Howard

4 Likes

@hrfunk Not funny! You just made fun of 85.6% of my gear. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: It’s like you have a hidden camera in my house. :sunglasses:

Honestly I have no idea how you did all that with a straight face. That video is priceless! :rofl:

4 Likes

I would have guessed this…you poser… :grinning:

Still waiting for you to belly up to the 1911 table for a little old school street cred there, Glock guy. :wink:

Pretty sure @hrfunk would need therapy after witnessing that footage…you perv… :laughing:

Howard’s literally half the man he used to be!

5 Likes

@chilipepper You are so lucky I don’t have a spine! Or I would… I would… well that knife isn’t duct taped to the end of my Glock for nothing! So there internet bully!

5 Likes

:grinning:

Did they teach you that in G-Man school? Shooty-Stabby technique? :laughing:

:frowning:

But in all seriousness, you really do need a 1911. Gotta cleanse your soul of those Glocks somehow… :smirk:

4 Likes

This is me decades ago somewhere in the Sinai Peninsula. I was never in the “military” and that is not an American uniform I am wearing (any guesses @hrfunk ?).

Here was my training…

Guy named Bob: “Here is a Glock. Ever use one?”.
Me: “No”.
Guy named Bob: “Just put the clip in (I then realized he must have been ex-Marine) and pull the top slide back to chamber a round”.
Me: “Where’s the safety?”
Guy named Bob: [Laughs hysterically]
Me: [ ]
Guy named Bob: “Just don’t shoot no one. If you do that means we are all dead”.
Me: “Okay Bob”.
Guy named Bob: “My name isn’t Bob”.
Me: [ WTF am I doing here? ]

5 Likes

Here’s my guess. I guess you had to fight the babes off with a stick! Dude! you look like a young Martin Sheen!

Howard

4 Likes

By the way, I’m going to say Egypt for the uniform.

Howard

3 Likes

@hrfunk BINGO!!! We have a winner. An Egyptian Captains uniform. With my tan, a hat, and sunglasses I could pretty much go where I wanted. Well… and I always carried a HUGE stash of $20 bills. Anyone can be bought.
BTW… the guy next to me (cut out of image) was Mossad. Great guy… never screw with those dudes… they are fierce.

3 Likes

Now I look like a wiser Martin Sheen. Lol.

I have a true story involving two Russian women that worked in their embassy in “procurement”, two bottles of vodka, and sex, and a wired room. My handlers got an audible treat. :innocent:

4 Likes