M*CARBO Brotherhood

Upgrading Your Other Firearms With M*CARBO Parts

Besides the sub, what other guns do you own that you want to upgrade with mcarbo parts?

I have been looking at buying the Mossberg 500 trigger spring kit and SS follower for my shotgun.
Perhaps Chris can chime in later to verify if the follower can be used on a 590 shockwave as well.

3 Likes

M*CARBO Remington 870 trigger spring and Ruger Mini 30 trigger spring. Both triggers at 3 lbs. 5 oz. now. The Mini 30 has had trigger parts polished before the trigger spring install. Marlin XT-22TSR as well now with a 2 lb. 5 oz. trigger pull weight.

1 Like

I did my mossberg with trigger kit and mag tube followers. Ksg mag tube followers.

1 Like

I installed the Marlin model 60 trigger kit and it is an improvement over the stock trigger.

2 Likes

I did.the Thompson Center Compass trigger kit. It transformed the rifle into one that I love to shoot. Also did the 870 spring kit. Made a good trigger even better. Now I want to purchase sub 2000 just so it can be M-Carbo ized.

3 Likes

I got one of those rifles to see if the accuracy claims are true. I have always been a M700 Guy. I ordered a spring kit as well. It should arrive soon. I have installed a few springs from Ernie the Gunsmith which were nice, but can’t wait to try the mcarbo kit. My brothers rifle shoots sub-moa after I installed the model 70 spring from the aforementioned company. This is going to be fun!

1 Like

I wish someone made an aftermarket stock for the T/C Compass that was pillar-bedded and took AR-10 mags. Boyd’s makes a non-bedded stock that often fits kind of sloppy. The barreled action is actually pretty damned good.

1 Like

I have installed the Trigger spring kits on several Remington 870’s and a Mossberg 590. All triggers improved subjectively, as I do not have a gauge to measure. Springs are much better quality than stock.

1 Like

@desaljs My Remington 870 Marine Magnum trigger went to 3 lbs. 5 oz. after the M*CARBO spring kit install.

1 Like

Thanks for that information.

1 Like

What part, option, accessory or mod would you like for a certain gun that isn’t being made that you would like to see? I have two: 1 - An updated Kel-Tec P-11 frame that has a rail. This is the 21st century and this gun hasn’t changed. They put one on the PF9 and its smaller(?). 2 - A tactical light for the Taurus 709 Slim (like a TLR-6).

1 Like

recived my trigger up grade in post last night for my 597 and i will let you know the results when fitted quite busy work wise at moment so wont be fitting this week

1 Like

Same here. I’m putting together a Mossberg 500 platform with ghost ring sights for home defense for my youngest son. The spring kit and follower are on my purchase list this week end!

1 Like

Thanks @ChrisNelson, I just spent the past hour swapping trigger springs / follower / buffer tube live safer on a Marlin 917V, Shockwave, Mavrick 88 and the Sub2k.

:sunglasses:

I had the trigger spring for the shockwave go FLYING across the room landing in a bag. :ghost:

3 Likes
 I have a tactical Remington 870 that I installed the SS follower in. Prior to reassembly I used  the cleaning rod and 12ga mop to apply a coat of Hornady One Shot dry lube to the inside of the mag tube. Also applied a coat to the SS follower and the springs. Really didn't like the idea of a quality shotgun like the 870 coming with a plastic follower. Gun is very smooth and I am much more confident in it's operation knowing I have the best possible parts in it - Mcarbo
2 Likes

Was going to be a relaxing day at the bench cleaning a few and installing the Mossberg 500 trigger spring kit and I managed to cock that up. Knocked the cleaning rod off the bench and it pushed the new trigger spring off where it hit the floor and bounced of course. While looking for it I planted a 12EE boot heel firmly on top of it. Looks like a reorder is in my future.

5 Likes

the Trigger spring for the Moss930 performed as advertised. Gave much better control

1 Like

If MCarbo made goodies for my PLR16 and PMR-30 I’d be buying those!!!

1 Like

Winchester model 70 by four trigger springs and 3 cz/brno trigger springs very happy with all ways to install thanks to Chris and the mcarbo instalation video made them a breeze to fit

should have stayed in bed

2 Likes