M*CARBO Brotherhood

Upgraded Trigger springs

Hi All

The posting is in support of the M*CARBO trigger spring kits. I installed new trigger springs on my Winchester 70 30-06 and Marlin 22 mag and am quite happy. The trigger is much easier on both guns. I didn’t measure the actual lbs, however it feels like the 30-06 is 1/3 of what it was and the 22 mag is about 1/2. My groups shrank from 6 inches to 3 inches shooting on a very windy day.

If your thinking about doing this…I would say just do. It is like 1/2 the cost of a box of 30-06 rounds,

9 Likes

@Tater Welcome aboard. I agree about the spring/trigger kits. Best money spent.

6 Likes

@Tater Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

5 Likes

Now they need to help me with my Cricket .22. The gun is very accurate, however the trigger is much too hard. It is a kids gun from Wallmart @ $113 however it is very fun to shoot and the ammo is dirt cheap. I will figure something out soon!

Thanks

Tim

5 Likes

Have you tried polishing the sear, etc.? It can make an amazing difference. What’s the trigger pull? The spec sheet says it should be 2-1/2 to 3 lbs - I wouldn’t go any less than that in any firearm but especially not one intended for kids.

5 Likes

I’ve put MCARBO trigger kits in my Mossberg 500 and CZ Scorpion. Brought both down to very acceptable weights. I forget what the Mossberg is at but the CZ went right to the claimed 4.5 pounds as measured with a Wheeler spring guage.

4 Likes

I put mcarbo kits through all my rifles up 2 kit 7 or 8 best money spent

5 Likes

Not yet. I don;t have a meter to measure the trigger pull but it feels like a lot. Today I pull 8 rds in a 2 inch group at 50 yards. Not bad for a kids gun but I am sure if I lower the trigger pull the groups will get smaller or at least more repeatable.

What should I use to polish the sear? Never done that before.

3 Likes

Also today I shot a 1.25 inch group at 60 yards with my Marlin 22 mag, which is good shooting for me. Now I have to shrink my 3 inch groups at 100 yards with my 30-06. I don’t think the gun is the issue…

3 Likes

@Tater welcome to the forum

4 Likes

Congratz O.P.
I know just what ya mean.
I have an FN Herstal PBR-XP 300WSM in a Mcmillan A5 stock. After installing the MCARBO springs, and taking the nuts off, I now have the sweetest rifle trigger I’ve ever pulled - well, that and the 1968 Remington MatchMaster my dad gave me - Trigger pull is now 1.75 pounds, with no creep or overtravel.
I couldn’t be happier myself.

4 Likes

I put one in my FN 509 and what a difference it made! Polishing the striker cylinder with Flitz also helped get rid of the grittiness. I love my 509 but that stock trigger setup is garbage. I was going to install an Apex trigger but went with the spring upgrade kit for a WHOLE lot less and now I’m happy as a puppy with two peckers.

3 Likes

I say now don’t judge your firearm until you have used sand bag rifle rests. I recently shot a 1 inch group at 50 yards with a kids .22 Cricket rifle. I am waiting for better weather to try my 30-06 and 22 mag with the new trigger springs at 100 yards. Shooting is a skill you have to build, but good hardware helps. I would like to graduate to a 200 yard range…

3 Likes

I have installed their trigger springs in several firearms, with good results.

2 Likes

I’ve installed spring kits in several handguns and I always did a polish job to boot and have been happy with all of my results.
For my rifles, I’ve always gone with aftermarket trigger assemblies. Seemed to be easier and they are adjustable.

1 Like