M*CARBO Brotherhood

U S Army Airborne and Special Operations Museum

Headed down to Myrtle Beach for the week from Philly. I always get the extra Friday off, so we head halfway down or so and spend the day around that area for fun. Today’s fun thing before vacation starts was to see the U S Army Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, NC. Awesome place, great info. And as always, I would like to take an opportunity to thank the people who go, or have gone, into danger to protect my freedoms. Your sacrifice is and will never be forgotten. Some highlights.

16 Likes

@Jperr Thanks for the Great Pic’s and Museum Information’

7 Likes

@Jperr
Thanks! The museum looks great.

5 Likes

It is great. They pretty much have the history of the paratroopers and spec ops guys separated chronologically by conflict. So you pretty much walk into paratrooper experimental era, then WWII, Korea. Then the spec ops guys in Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, and pretty much everything up to the present with the Afghan stuff. Weapons, vehicles, equipment, you name it. Free to get in also, but they do ask for a cash donation.

7 Likes

That is very cool. Great bunch of pics too. :+1:

2 Likes

There is also a section outside for our Spec Op canine companions who lost their live in the line of duty. They need to be remembered also.

9 Likes

@Jperr Very nice! Be worth putting in the “for the love of pets” thread.

6 Likes

Good idea, Mr. Jeff. I’ll do that.

5 Likes

That is awesome. Those dogs and their handlers have probably saved more lives of our brave servicemen and women than can be counted.

6 Likes

@Jperr Truly Out Standing! Well Done :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

So that’s where Iron Mike got moved to. AATW and Strike Hold!

3 Likes

Iron Mike and the Currahee Rocks with him. Don’t know if they were original to him, or added later.

7 Likes

My Son is a Capitan in the Army. He is Airborne Ranger qualified and just recently finished 14 years of service. I remember the “Currahee” statement used regularly when he was stationed in Ft. Campbell Kentucky and went through the transfer of command from his predecessor. My wife & I were lucky enough to be there when the ceremony took place. He is finishing out his 20 in the reserves and we and his wife and children are happy to have him home. We were fortunate enough to be present for all of his graduations (Jump School/Ranger Graduation). He was stationed at Ft. Benning for the last 10 years and we are really enjoying have him home here in Texas. I was not aware of the museum but plan to visit there when I get the time. Here he is with his daughter going to the Father/Daughter Dance.

8 Likes