M*CARBO Brotherhood

Tritium Rear Night Sights for Sub 2K

You can get Tritium in front sight posts for the Sub2 Gen 2 versions, which take a standard AR front sight post. You can also upgrade to MCarbo’s steel rear sight, which is also a step up from the Plastic peep sight that Kel Tec installs on all of their Sub2 versions, but what about someone coming up with a night sight for Rear ? … I know there are a lot of people who like using electronic sights, like the red dots and that’s fine, but when the batteries die, so do the electronic sights … I’m a little old fashion and prefer iron sights, however I do have lasers on both of my Sub 2k’s, but they are not my primary sight choice … Is there a need for rear night sights ? … Seems to me if people are buying the front night sight posts, they would also be seeking a rear night sight as well, so there must be some interest in these as well … Anyone else have any ideas regarding this ?

3 Likes

I just bought a See All Open Sight. I’m setting it up for the Shotty, but it should work a treat on the M*Carbo Optic Mount.

I dit get the Tritium Night version so it would meet your needs. It’ll impede folding if mounted as a direct replacement.

See All Open Sights

3 Likes

One of my primary functions for the Sub2 is the folding and portability aspects …I like your idea, but not sure I would add something that does away with one of the Primary functions … be nice if someone developed a rear night sight that actually takes the place of the manufactures sight … like what MCarbo did only tritium

1 Like

You could try to apply some fluorescent sight paint, that should help at night. How long the application lasts may not be to your liking, though.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve used paint before and the tape … neither compare to tritium … it works well for daylight applications … Glocks come with painted sights … even with my Glocks I had eventually replaced them with night sights …

2 Likes

If you use good pigment and a good waterproff coating (clear long lasting spar vanish) then it will last as long as you do not chip the spar varnish. YOu have a cell phone. Charge that puppy up depending the quality of your luminescent paint

if this still interests you go to blitzkrieg.com
]