M*CARBO Brotherhood

Trigger Pull Reduction

FYI
I have just installed all the MCARBO Upgrades to my Sub 2000 Gen 2.
Watching thenVideo , Chris said he got the trigger pull down from 9 lb to 5 lb. That is great.
What I did is to also Polish the Hammer and Sear Mating areas which removed the Tool Marks!
I started with 8 lb - 3 oz trigger (Tested 4 times) down to a 3 lb - 10 oz trigger (tested 6 times).
These are not averages.
If you feel comfortable on working on the triggers, I highly recommend polishing the hammer and sear.
Unfortunately, my reset started at .180" and it remains at .180".
If anyone has an idea on how to reduce the Reset please HELP!

Safe Shooting and Have Fun.

2 Likes

I think these are remarkable improvement. Polishing is only scary if metal is removed! Flitz and a cloth dremel set on high speeds to the rescue? One does not have to spend much time ‘mesaging’ these metal parts? Just dont find yourself on it too long… A little cloth cleanup and put it back together!

1 Like

LET ME TELL YOU OF STAYING ON THE SAME SPOT TOO LONG.
As soon as she slapped me, told me to stop, she moved on to AUGHHHHH.then I resuscitated her and all was good
I use a Dremel at slowest speed possible !
Hitachi twin head massage devices on high !
Milwaukee Sawsall as much as possibel !
Fein MultiMaster when the fine line counts!

2 Likes

@Turmeric That Fein MultiMaster is the only multitool to get, no other can match it…ok now back on topic. :+1:

2 Likes

Guess I have to watch my wording at times? lol You got some fine equipment to work wiith and those tools should aid in precision work… lol

1 Like

Well I am a “Ceritified Porfessional Mess Maker”

the house is a on slab build. Had to level the floor before doing anything.
Had to seal the concrete. The floor is glued to concrete. the Floor is farm raised Brazilian Santos Mahogany ($28.00/ sf.) the work was done urring one of the hotest months recorded in Columbus, Ohio average daily temp was like 97 degrees. it took a week to lat 750sf.
These pictures do not show it but the unit just to the right of the hallway has a full blown entertainment center in it that is infrared controlled on the other side of the room. All connections go overhead through the attic.I had to use a 3"PVC pipe to run the 10 cables for power/ speakers and video players.
The light in the hallway is from the solartube I installed.
when folks are tired of their nice clean organized home they call me
Here is an example of the kind of messes I have made.
How does one become a Certified Professional Mess Maker When you use a leaf blower to clean out he house you have worked in for 4 months and the neighbor calls the fire department.

5 Likes

LOL. It is very nice. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us!!!

2 Likes

3 things consider are important in achieving goals is desire/technology/skill. THe basicsfor anyone associated with protecting me.
Did I mention i like GUNS also ? MOLON LABE

2 Likes

Sorry to get OT, but how do you like that solar tube? I see them at the home shows, but they’re inside a large convention center, so you can’t see the actual application. Does it transmit much heat? How well does the upper dome hold up? I bet they’re interesting when covered with snow.

3 Likes

I useVelux products both solar tubes and sKylghts.
No issue for heat transfer . never had a leak in 20+ years.
Snow issues never had any they are mounted high enough on roof and roof has enough pitch no worries.

1 Like