M*CARBO Brotherhood

Trigger jams when reassembling

I did a complete Mcarbo trigger replacement, for my Kel-Tek sub 2000.Among other things,I made sure of the trigger action, back and forth,
then up and down . When I went to put the firearm back together I noticed that the trigger
began stiffening up. I thought about an additional shim, but I don’t have a clue as to what thickness I could get away without causing the handle to return short of completely closing. Anyone had this or a tip as to how to correct the jamming of the trigger?

1 Like

jamming how? not resetting, sticking back or not pulling back?

1 Like

Thanks for responding to my question Brother, the issue is not resetting. At first I thought maybe I allowed the trigger bar spring to slip off, or somehow failed to fully align the trigger, sear, and hammer springs. So I took it apart, again and no I got lucky and found the assembly still intact. Yes the bars did require a small amount of leveling and again after reassembly, again I pulled back on the trigger it clicked but again didn’t reset. I’m wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue?

1 Like

The most common cause of the trigger not resetting is the center screw being too tight. Loosening it a quarter turn is the fix. There was also a guy that had a sear problem but I don’t remember the fix. Do a search for ‘trigger reset’.

2 Likes

I think phuzzy is right on, had the same issue here, trigger sticking and assembled correctly, loosened screw slightly and all is good. Add removable thread lock to hold in if worried about it loosening .

1 Like