M*CARBO Brotherhood

Trigger=feed failures?

I mentioned this on another thread but…this is NUTTZ(attn moderators:it’s really hard to type stuff when half my screen is covered with a vertical blue block of related topics obscuring my view…:eyes:just sayin…)where was I¿oh,I sent This lone wolf Ultimate Adjustable Trigger back because it FAILED 1 out 2 drop saftey tests in my GEN4 G19.and the trigger pull read over 9 and a half pounds for a quarter inch of travel! So they send it back with a “OEM” trigger bar(not like the 1st one looked like one anyway)-had the same Part#,but was a S.O.B. to install. Imiedetly my weapon starts failing! slide locking back/won’t FEED 2x’s per mag with different ammo/mags.mind you this gun is coming up on 2yrs old and has NEVER failed.coincedence? I don’t believe in that word.my hinky slide catch spring never bothered me. Here is ANOTHER coincidence.i got irritated and got out my roll of tape and drift punch,pulled the guts out on a picnic table,put the OEM trigger back in and zero issues…any input? How can the trigger bar cause feed FAILURES? Striker bar hung on the trigger bar? This blows…oh and FYI,the drop saftey issue? STILL FAILS 1 OUT OF 2 TESTS WHERE THE OEM GLOCK ASSY DOES NOT! Explain to me how THAT is when it was “tested” (I know mountain hunter is going to crawl every orifice I got BUT)if you are making something to replace a redundant safe system,and yours ISNT redundant,DONT SELL IT! It’s not about the money now…i got TWO unsafe TRIGGERS:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :dash: :boom::gun: :chipmunk:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can close that, should be an “x” at the upper right of the blue block…may be device dependent…

Can’t help with the trigger thing, saying I know nothing about Glocks would be an understatement.

4 Likes

device dependant is probably correct friend.sometimes I think this thing born strait outta hell or with gremlins…lol.(that was more a message to kona than anything else.he will understand it,I’m the village idjit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Sayin that I carry a roll of tape in my range bag just in case I may have to break it down-with just a 1/8" drift punch(no hammer,I can use a mag if need be)is a little testimony to how simple And easy they are.3 pins

push the 2 front pins and the(rear)trigger housing pin,budda Bing- there is your glock trigger-attached to the housing-but the whole system is so basic is why I raise the red flag.why NOW?!? Right?

3 Likes

FYI,I don’t know if you even care-DAMMITT! THERE IS THAT BLOODY BLUE THING AGAIN!I’m sorry,what was the question?-I don’t know if you even CARE about glocks,but I thought I thought I’d take a few mins and do a run down on just how simple it is…maybee someone else will pick up on it if you don’t…but it’s good to know,especially if one is Leary about breaking one down.

3 Likes

Have a nice day & Happy Easter.

3 Likes

I shot 10 rounds through one once, 19 or 19x it was, FDE. Seemed like a good handgun and they do seem to be quite popular. Cost effective as well. I suspect if I had one I’d probably take it apart…I’ve done it to every other gun I own and, actually, just about everything else I own (as well as some items I don’t :grinning:). Been doing it for as long as I can remember. Best way to figure out how something works is by inspecting its innards. :+1:

Which reminds me, I really need to get a decent set of roll pin punches. They won’t see much action with the P320 but something tells me I’ll be needing them for the CZs.

7 Likes

Chilipepper : When that little angel that’s sits on your shoulder & whispers in your ear, always pay attention to what he says ! Get your roll punch pins soon ! :innocent:

4 Likes

I carry a folding set of allen wrenches that work great as Punches too. When you strip everything regularly, you wont usually even need to hammer on them.
On the trigger safety issue, here is a great video breakdown of the Glock specific ins an outs.
[https://youtu.be/tVPCxcXs_5g]

6 Likes

Beats me man.its all stock except for the trigger shoe and lone wolf’s “Glock OEM” standard trigger bar.so the question still remains,why does THEY’RES push down off the saftey ledge but the glock won’t budge?and they tested this? Technically I didn’t change anything but the shoe(I thought)…

1 Like

Oiy,you too.dont eat anything I wouldn’t eat!

1 Like

Truth be told,my punch doesn’t see much action.only got it because A:the stoopid trigger and 2:it was WAY cheaper than a glock tool :laughing:

2 Likes

It could be a mfg defect, maybe? Ive only used lonewolf conversion barrel, but theyve had a pretty good reputation as far as i know… without seeing it functioning, im not sure youll get much of an answer here. Guessing their Cust Svc will blame you for not being a professional armorer and failing to install properly?

4 Likes

Yeah, yeah, been doing that…which explains why my firearms seem to be multiplying at a rather brisk rate and my bank balance is doing the opposite…or maybe that wasn’t an angel… :smiling_imp:

I actually have a decent punch set but none are the roll pin starters or ball end drivers, they seemed like they might be a bit nicer for working with roll pins (and not bitching up the gun). Got a half dozen sets earmarked on Amazon but just haven’t pulled my finger out yet.

Normally I wouldn’t have thought twice about them were it not for the two lovely Czech sisters who recently showed up on my doorstep. They seem to like the roll pins, those Czechs…

To be honest, the trigger pin on the 97B tried to remove itself after about 300 rounds, no punch needed. Little does it know, it will be getting its wish soon enough as our friend Mr. Nelson has seen fit to offer a solid, self-retaining replacement for the little bastard. :+1:

5 Likes

@chilipepper

Ah, that dreaded “Buy It Now” button…it has taken a lot of my money. :moneybag:

4 Likes

Between the subtle influence of the crew here and that feckin’ button, I’m destined for the poor house… :grinning:

5 Likes

Ok, 2 schools of thought here,and both are logical.YES I’m going with round 2 of defective part-I’ll circle back to that-OR improper installation.heres the catch,HOW in the name of ELMER FUDD,can you possibly incorrectly hook a trigger bar to the spring and connect it to the housing in a glock?!? IMPOSSIBLE.I AM going with the theory that the hole in the trigger shoe is off,either Forward or Back causing the trigger bar to rest improperly in the trigger housing.i can’t confirm this though.im betting Glock has a center to center dimension from the mounting hole in the trigger shoe to the spring hole with a +/-?" Tolerance to keep that bar tight…mine is not.the undeniable evidence is that the OEM trigger assy(it’s 1 peice as u know)does what it is designed to do and the malfunctions Stopped when I switched back.lone wolf’s is 2 separate parts that DONT.dammitt,here goes ANOTHER $5.00 in shipping

2 Likes

[quote=“chilipepper, post:14, topic:8832”]
Mr. Nelson has seen fit to offer a solid, self-retaining replacement for the little bastard
[/quotethat sounds familiar…did you post that? :thinking:speaking of punches…ya need 2! If you want to totally totaly strip a M&P1.0,BUT I really dig the fact they put a roll pin punch(READ-“FRAME TOOL”)up the butt! :rofl:

2 Likes

Agreed. Not sure theres a logical reason they could point to, but doesnt mean they wont be wagging their finger with intended shame.

3 Likes

Yeah…you wouldn’t beileve the online conversation I had with C.S. lol,dude replied “oh…” Then “do you think the part is out of spec?” WTF?!? I asked YOU!

3 Likes