M*CARBO Brotherhood

Tribute build for my Dad?

I’m looking to do a tribute build for my Dad that past a month ago! He was a retired Nebraska State Trooper for 29 yrs! Was on the road and was one of the first pilots for them as well! I really would like to get a custom paint job something half American Flag half NSP blue! I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to send it?

8 Likes

@69Goat Cool idea, though I’m afraid I have no suggestions. That said, I am quite sure someone here will, these boys have seen it all… :wink:

8 Likes

@69Goat You could start here, I’ve seen some of their work, very nice. KO’s Customs

7 Likes

First off, condolences.

I’ve only used local sources for coatings. Walk in, explain what you want.
Then you can see if they understand “exactly” what you are after.

Probably be the least expensive route as well. No shipping/processing add-ons.

That’s where I’d start. Do a search in your area. Ask around.

8 Likes

Good point. If you get the “dog being shown a card trick” look, run like the wind (with your firearm, of course). :grinning:

8 Likes

Thanks! I need to do some more local research as of yet there is only one or two places around Omaha that I know of! I thought about engraving but that’s kind of limited on what I can do!

7 Likes

A person on another discussion group who inherited an AR-15 from their brother wanted some way to honor his brother but was personally not into AR’s. I suggested getting the dust cover LASER etched with something that would do the honors. He really liked that idea.

Not a lot of room there. But if you choose to go simple, it’s a thought.

7 Likes

@69Goat

I don’t like to recommend people unless I ‘personally’ had a great experience. Firearms are very ‘personal’ and you have to feel good about the person you are dealing with? I found someone that ‘looks’ legitimate… See what you think. Again, you can only do things at your comfort level… Best of luck, brother!

7 Likes

Thank you! I will check them out!

5 Likes