M*CARBO Brotherhood

Training Courses/Events

Please feel free to use this thread to post any upcoming training courses you’d like to attend or courses you’ve been through and can recommend to other members.

9 Likes

I just came across this one and it looks interesting! I am not affiliated with them and have never attended

7 Likes

Gonna look at doing a weekender in Corpus. If my optic is solved or I trip over something needs tested - I’ll be there. Thankfully I got lots of family to crash with there.

Thanks for posting. I’ll be checking it out if I ever get home tonight.

4 Likes

I would like to take a pcc course, rifle, and handgun. Just don’t know what’s around me or if anyone can recommend a good place. Only thing holding me back is not the cost of classes, but the cost of getting ammo here in kommiefornia. In 2019 I plan to take some classes, will do a project Apple seed with my .22 in 2019, just don’t know if I should use my marlin 795 or cz 455? I have plenty of .22 now lol.

5 Likes

@CatFood, going to take my grandson in March to the project Appleseed in St. Augustine FL. He is 12 and his mom finally said yes. Thinking of taking it myself. Do it four times then take the instructors class and test then I can teach others

4 Likes

@KM55 that sounds like a good idea! We have 2 in socal that I know of, one is a short distance (under 25 yards), and one is normal distance (75+ yards I think). All the others are central or northern cal and to far for me to drive. For pcc, handgun and rifle I know I’ll have to drive for those and I will take vacation to do those.

4 Likes

The one here is rifle only, rimfire and centerfire. I am doing the rimfire course, the biggest issue is the shear amount of time to get to the instructor level. I will have to do a lot of traveling to accomplish this goal. They only have the event once a year in St. Augustine and never in Jacksonville.

2 Likes

Headed to USPSA Range Safety Officer school in Maryland on Mar. 2nd. This is gonna be my year of knocking down as many classes/certificates I can!

7 Likes

@Kona Outstanding for you !:+1: You have Set a Goal, And You will get it done’ Because Nothing Stops the Great Kona’:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Still waiting for @Johnksg to announce a training course in his neck of the woods. It would allow me to meet him, see the Oregon Coast and have some good seafood. :+1:

Just a hint… :wink:

3 Likes

Not a training course but a huge 650,000 sq. ft. event, worlds largest outdoor show. Alot of popular firearm companys are there but no Kel-Tec.

4 Likes

I have not been to the show in many years and I live 40 min. away! I was there back in the late 1990’s and it was all outfitters.

2 Likes

@Smoke Alot has changed since then…The Shooting Sports Hall is the largest Hall followed by the Hunting Outfitter Hall but there is also Fishing Hall (huge freshwater Hawg Tank), Archery Hall & Archery Range, Boat Hall, two Outdoor Product Halls (trucks, ATV, UTV, Camping), Outdoor Lifestyle Hall (grills, furniture, log homes), Small Arena (Birds of Prey, Bowfishing, Land Management), Special Events Arena (Dock Dogs jumping/retrieving in huge pool, Taxidermy Contest, Rock Climbing Wall, Chainsaw Demonstrations and NRA Country Concerts) and three Seminar Rooms (Turkey Calling, Reloading, Butchering/Cooking, Tracking/Hunting/Trapping, Rifle Accuracy/Long Range Shooting, Longbow Hunting, Concealed Carry, Trail Cams/Filming, Muzzleloading and Decoys). I think that covers most of it. That logo I posted now says NRA in it which is who sponsors it now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. Maybe I’ll try to get over. Are you from the Harrisburg area?

1 Like

@Smoke

I am in Harfard County, MD. I might try to get to the show, myself. Our ‘ride’ has been acting a little WANKY… Guess we’ll see when we git’ there??? Big smiles.

Level up boys! Big plans for this year! So pumped! Got a few more classes and certifications planned first though.

7 Likes

@Kona - congrats on the certification. My father was a LEO trainer, but also a hunter safety instructor. I remember how much he enjoyed teaching the young ones. I recall when he got his award from the Wis Dept of Natural Resources after certifying his 1000th student, and he didn’t stop there. Good luck on adding to this one.

4 Likes