First off let me say Happy and Healthy New Year to ALL.
Here is my New Year’s present for ALL.
Remember my MOON SHOT containment device ?
For everyone on this thread that hates chasing after the detente pin and spring here is a working solution.
I call it the MARS REENTRY device.
NASA developmental procedures.
- Grab a piece of hardwood
- drill a 3/8" hole through it
- Using the MCARBO armourer’s tool as a gauge for thickness cut block of wood to the same (or slightly thinner) I made mine 9/64".
- cut slot into the radius of the hole making sure not to go past the full diameter of the hole. File to fit safety pin.
- Cut “legs” to fit S2K safety pin guard.
- Note that the tool must be thinner than the distance between grip and inside edge of safety pin clip ring
First of all I am assuming you have the safety pin removed and are wanting to reinstall.
Here is how I do it.
1)I take something to push the triggerbar “down” into the SAFE position. then pull the trigger back and hold, this holds the triggerbar out of the way.
2) Insert safety pin in through the ejector slot side of the grip. and install the clip-ring on the detente side of the safety pin.
3) with S2K laying on flat surface locate the safety pin so hole for spring and detente is full exposed.
4) using a magnetized slot screw driver place spring in hole.
5) line up detente rod in place going in axis with detente hole and position reentry tool.
6) Carefully push pin into hole.
6) after detene is all the way in and flush with safety pin press safety pin Clip ring to the side of tool( this should secure the detente rod up against the grip hole). Remove reentry tool.
7) Push safety pin to FIRE position and install safety pin clip ring.
NO MORE WASTED SPACE SHOTS.
Here is the thing about his tool.
If Chris would modify the armourer’s tool and make it functional instead of the TOO SMALL of an opening on the end this could be made into the tool making it a whole lot more functional.